Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What open source control panel are you using? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What open source control panel are you using?

Comments

• cPanel, solusvm?

@RosenCruz said: I m currently using zPanel X. I believe it is a decent one, easier to learn for old cpanel users especially.

zPanel has some serious security issues.

• jhjh Member

@ztec said: I think I'm in love with Plesk 11...

It is very nice :)

• domain.sh from tuxlite script ;)

• +1 for ispConfig.

• Tuxlite its beautiful , not a control panel but the second step after.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2012

NEVERMIND, 6 pages of configuring... nuh uh...

• We are using Cloudmin/Webmin for managing VPS.
    We started testing ZPanel for the last couple of months. Seems to be working fine on Ubuntu 12.04. Not too many resources used, but still a lot of bugs and some features missing.

• It was nice to visit this thread since I ve learned and bookmarked so many alternatives

• I'm having tons of problems with Plesk 11 all of a sudden, it crashes randomly and every couple of hours I get en email that something went into the red for no reason. This is really weird.

• I don't really use control panels any more as I don't do a lot of administration tasks and usually do everything from the CLI, but when I was a Linux baby, I used Webmin.

• jhjh Member

@ztec said: I'm having tons of problems with Plesk 11 all of a sudden, it crashes randomly and every couple of hours I get en email that something went into the red for no reason. This is really weird.

I don't get those problems. Can take a look if you like?

• I just reinstalled everything but this probably wont fix it, when the errors occur again I'll gladly accept your help and will pm you. Thank you!

• Currently on a typical installation instead of the full installation, so far no errors.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

webmin or ssh - the easy way to manage server,

• who needs more than ssh and vim?

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2012

@Raymii said: who needs more than ssh and vim?

I'm more of a marketing-guy, would you expect me to do everything with ssh?

@ztec said: I'm more of a marketing-guy, would you expect me to do everything with ssh?

for different type of users the managed solution is available.

• So, instead of a CP you would recommend me to indirectly hire someone to do this the hard way?

• @WebProject said: for different type of users the managed solution is available.

And they are pretty expensive compared to unmanaged solutions. I believe free panels and LEBs can be combined

• @ztec said: Found the link for plesk

Only for 10 domains though, but REALLY cheap.

Can someone help me?

Which one to order here ? für Rootserver or für VM? Using it for a few domains will be enough for me.

• @RosenCruz VM for virtual servers, I'm on KVM.

• RosenCruzRosenCruz Member
    edited November 2012

@Zero, thanks for the answer ;) I wanna use it on my XEN

• I use ajenti whenever I'm to lazy to ssh into the server and edit a vhost. It doesn't have many plugins but for what I use it for it works.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@vlara thanks for pointing this out, interface looks awesome, I'm tempted to try to install this one! ;)

@ztec said: So, instead of a CP you would recommend me to indirectly hire someone to do this the hard way?

No, majority of manuals / instructions / howtos available on Internet, simply do a google search, example of the websites:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/howtos/linux
    http://wiki.lxcenter.org/Kloxo+Installation+Guide
    http://www.configserver.com/free/csf/install.txt

• www.tldp.org!

I like webmin/virtualmin. It has everything a sys admin could ever need!

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

@vlara where has this ajenti been hiding my whole life. That is sexy.

• @24khost Yea it is one of the nicer looking panels :)

• Which Plesk I should buy for OpenVZ ???

V10&11 VMWare ???????

• jhjh Member

@RosenCruz said: Which Plesk I should buy for OpenVZ ???

V10&11 VMWare ???????

VMWare != OpenVZ!!