Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solus VM 1.16.11 - Anyone having KVM going offline error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solus VM 1.16.11 - Anyone having KVM going offline error

Recently we've updated one of our KVM node to 1.16.11 and one of our user pointed that most of the times KVM VPS's are going offline.

It cannot be an OOM error since node has about 10GB left on memory.

Anyone having similar problem ? Any known fix ?

Comments

• Next time before creating new thread try to contact SolusVM support first. This type of issues are unique to you.

If you can't check logs and fix issues with nodes better to shutdown your vps biz for good.

• alexvolk said: If you can't check logs and fix issues with nodes better to shutdown your vps biz for good.

First of all. We're not selling any VPS. This node is build for Sri Lankan school children project it2lk.

alexvolk said: Next time before creating new thread try to contact SolusVM support first.

I've tried changing OOM values. Checked all logs but they didn't contain any related information. Usually servers go down because of the OOM error. But seems like there's something more. I've also setup the OOM killing value to be -1000 but seems like it is not the issue behind this.

Then I've also contacted the SolusVM support but they're still investigating this. That's why I've opened this thread to check out if any fellow hoster having the same issue.

• Additional information: I've also stop the controlled group (cgconfig)

• What about swap ?

• edited July 2015

Physical RAM usage - 7.46 GB of 31.33 GB Used / 23.87 GB Free

Swap Usage - 0 KB of 15.73 GB Used / 15.73 GB Free

OS - CentOS release 6.6 (2.6.32-504.23.4.el6.x86_64)

Also seems like nothing overloaded because #uptime give me 0.29 0.50 0.83 load average.

jmckeag12 said: What about swap ?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

cat /etc/sysctl.conf

Are the VPS that are shutting down randomly running Windows by any chance?

• jmckeag12 said: Are the VPS that are shutting down randomly running Windows by any chance?

Yes. Like all of them are running windows.

sysctl.conf - https://gist.github.com/sdglhm/a8376d1826099b5b1863

• sdglhm said: Yes. Like all of them are running windows

Are you sure all of them are activated?

Windows if not activated can shut down every so often. that is the most common cause of this issue.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

jmckeag12 said: Are you sure all of them are activated?

Windows if not activated can shut down every so often. that is the most common cause of this issue.

this, if your using the 180day trial that will be the cause, it can only be used so many times and then you usually get about 3 days and then it will go down every hour or so.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

Yes or either the OS not being activated is the problem. but generally any windows OS that is not activated even without the Trial. will shutdown if the OS is not genuine or activated.

I have seen this issue to be the most common cause of VMs shutting down.

• AnthonySmith said: this, if your using the 180day trial that will be the cause

jmckeag12 said: Are you sure all of them are activated?

We had a small problem with our SPLA distributor when issuing new license. It seems like this is the problem. Thank you for your help.

I'll apply license for those 5 nodes. Thank you for your help.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited July 2015

are you giving them all Hitleap lessons ? Start them young on how to make easy money on the internet. Spamming, Hitleap, Jingling, SEO.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • JoeMerit said: are you giving them all Hitleap lessons ? Start them young on how to make easy money on the internet. Spamming, Hitleap, Jingling, SEO.

No. Actually I'm a trainee lecturer in Usability engineering. So it's not easy money. Oh I'm sorry. Are those considered as easy money in your 1st world country.