Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for CloudFlare alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for CloudFlare alternative

Hi, are there any CloudFlare alternative?
I'm looking for services where i can hide my web-server IP address + some minimal features from CloudFlare. Looking mostly for free services + paid plans. Anybody know anything +- the same like cloudflare?

Comments

• Incapsula

• namhuynamhuy Member

sucuri cloudproxy

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited July 2015

Find me a cloudflare alternative that supports Websockets :) Although, GRE tunneling might be better, but Incapsula looks promising.

• Dillybob said: Find me a cloudflare alternative that supports Websockets :) Although, GRE tunneling might be better, but Incapsula looks promising.

It has much better performance (the times I've used them) than CloudFlare, and a real WAF.

Thanked by 1Dillybob
  • @Traffic said:
    Incapsula

With 60$ per month, i can buy a lot of servers around the world and can build own CDN for just own website. Thank you very much for incapsula, i though i miss something, but i was already saw incapsula and sucuri. I though there is good concurents for CF, but there are't. And this situation make me very sad.

• @desperand said:
    With 60$ per month, i can buy a lot of servers around the world and can build own CDN for just own website.
    I though there is good concurents for CF, but there are't.

Sounds like a business opportunity: Low End CDN!

• lowendcdn.com already registered :(

• bitseeker said: Sounds like a business opportunity: Low End CDN!

He'll end up understanding it'll cost a lot more than this $60/month.

• @bohdans said:
    lowendcdn.com already registered :(

D'oh! Too slow, grasshopper.

• @bitseeker said:
    Sounds like a business opportunity: Low End CDN!

I know that was a joke, but I'm actually looking into something like this. It could be a decent/cheap solution for people looking for a simple CDN targetting US/EU. (Using BuyVM).

• @Jonchun I have a simple CDN set up using LES boxes,
    Problem is bandwidth is to low to share with others :(

• @bohdans said:
    Jonchun I have a simple CDN set up using LES boxes,
    Problem is bandwidth is to low to share with others :(

Yea I'm looking into the bandwidth issue, but I think it'll be okay considering target audience would be speeding up websites/ddos protecting them, so they wouldn't use too much bandwidth.

• I'm currently arguing with Cloudflare after losing my authy token (Yeh ok that part is my fault) They don't want to disable it because apparently I gave them the wrong IP for the origin webserver.

I may well have done, the sites hosted on the cluster environment and it's quite possible the load-balancer IP changed at somepoint (Although evidently the old one still works) the IP i gave them is the one showing in the hosts control panel.

I even created a static html page outside of the CMS that includes the ticket ref.etc and linked them to it yet apparently that's not enough to prove I have access to the origin server.

I'm also responding to their emails on the email address using the domain they host.

Their latest answer was to re-point the DNS and then create a new account, I think if I re-point the DNS then I'll just simply not bother with CF at all.

• dragon2611 said: I'm currently arguing with Cloudflare after losing my authy token (Yeh ok that part is my fault)

You made problems yourself. Authy does not increase security in reality. It's more like pseudo-security. Just use good password. 255 characters for example.

• @Profforg said:
    You made problems yourself. Authy does not increase security in reality. It's more like pseudo-security. Just use good password. 255 characters for example.

Yes I accept setting up authy and then losing the token was my fault, however cloudflare support could be a bit more flexible about it, there are other ways for them to verify I'm who I say I am beyond the questions they've already asked. Also it doesn't help that they take a long time to respond.

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited July 2015

dragon2611 said: however cloudflare support could be a bit more flexible about it, there are other ways for them to verify I'm who I say I am beyond the questions they've already asked. Also it doesn't help that they take a long time to respond.

When doing something, you should think.

Your problem is that you did not think before enabling "authy".

You should have asked yourself at least two questions:

• Does Authy increase my security? Answer: In reality no. It may even decrease security because it adds additional level of authorization (example: smartphone).
    • What problems will it gives me if i lose authy token? Answer: Chances are that I lost my account.

Conclusion: Never use Authy

Good password is better choice.

TIP: Never trust marketers. If someone say "It's securer! It's superb! You can't miss it!" - think. Is it really so? What's the downsides? Can i trust this company? Can i trust known facts? Why i never bothered about the problem, which solved by this app, before?

• @Profforg said:
    TIP: Never trust marketers. If someone say "It's securer! It's superb! You can't miss it!" - think. Is it really so? What's the downsides? Can i trust this company? Can i trust known facts? Why i never bothered about the problem, which solved by this app, before?

So.. what does any of that have to do with:

cloudflare support could be a bit more flexible about it

You're not being helpful in any way whatsoever.

• Jonchun said: So.. what does any of that have to do with:

This part of my message is about Authy, not CloudFlare.

• @bohdans said:
    lowendcdn.com already registered :(

Aw - that would be such a good business lead :/

• Profforg said: Does Authy increase my security? Answer: In reality no. It may even decrease security because it adds additional level of authorization (example: smartphone).

It DOES increase security. Authy on it's own cannot be used to authenticate a properly configured service. It's called 2 factor auth for a reason. There are 3 factors that can authenticate someone. Something you know, IE: a password. This can be intercepted by an ill-meaning party. Something you are, IE: a fingerprint or retinal scan, biologics. This is harder to forge, however, there are well known exploits with various biologic mechanisms. The third is something you have. Having Authy, Duo, Yubikey, whatever, is something you have, it generates an access code that's effectively useless if captured. The attacker HAS to have the device (or, in Authy's case, the ability to receive a text message against a certain phone number). This is an additional barrier, and security is good in layers.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • rackrack Member

I think DDoS Guard might also provide that, but the cheap way.

• @rack said:
    I think DDoS Guard might also provide that, but the cheap way.

$400/month is probably not in his budget.

Thanked by 1rack
  • rackrack Member

That's also true:) He can find a more affordable ddos protection alternative, depending on the average size of attacks.

• @desperand said:
    Hi, are there any CloudFlare alternative?
    I'm looking for services where i can hide my web-server IP address + some minimal features from CloudFlare. Looking mostly for free services + paid plans. Anybody know anything +- the same like cloudflare?

Then i recommend you to go with AppTrana. You can compare features and pricing here https://apptrana.indusface.com/cloudflare/comparison/

• Jesus murphy, what a necro!