Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10 VPS Disasters of 2012
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Top 10 VPS Disasters of 2012

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited November 2012 in General

So let's rake the providers over the coals one more time.

I want to hear about the top 10 VPS fails in the past year.

Who do you think, which providers had the most spectacular VPS failures during 2012?

vpsfail

Comments

• I feel like this post isn't required due to the nature of what happens during each issues.

Aka, you're just trying to kick someone when they're already down/hurt. Leave them alone.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited November 2012

Many o' hosts aren't hurt. They just FAIL and run out and reform and come back and double dip in the money pot here.

This isn't for any particular host scab picking. It's a valid question nearing the year end. A memorial to the VPS'es lost this year.

What is this Lowendprotectthevileproviders now?

• @pubcrawler you never failed once in your life?
    don't step on people when they're down.

• Isn't "stepping on people when they're down" exactly what the deadpool does? I'd imagine not every provider in the deadpool was a scam. Some were just failures.

Besides, it's an interesting topic of conversation, cautionary tales... Often, the failures were predicted by people with an actual grasp on the business.

• @Gary and some were simply hosts that didnt have the time but had the right intentions?

• @eastnoch, "right intentions by no time", that's a classic line :)

Good this post works well. Good for the community, good for searchers.

Now on first page of Google for:
    top 10 vps
    vps disasters
    top 10 vps 2012

Only result for #vpsfail

That should improve visibility of the site :)

Now get to mourning the 2012 deadpool and the companies aspiring to be near the deadpool.

• Well in all honesty, frantech was a leb dead pool and look at buyvm

• @eastonch said: @Gary and some were simply hosts that didnt have the time but had the right intentions?

Didn't have the time, didn't have a grasp of the business, didn't have a proper business plan, had problems in their lives, all sorts. I'm sure a lot of hosts were started with malicious intent, to separate people from their money and do a runner, but some will have failed due to naivety.

• I know, not everyone is a preplanned runner. Runners only get the buy annual crowd. That's why I don't buy annuals unless they are are under $15. I can justify losing $15 pretty easily.