Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with one time hard disk fee?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with one time hard disk fee?

risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
edited November 2012 in Help

Hi everyone, I remember coming across a VPS company that offered a one-off hard disk fee, that is, you paid for the VPS and you could then upgrade your hard disk by paying a one time fee. I can't remember the name of the VPS company though ;( The prices weren't bad and I'm wondering if anyone remembers this company? Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Comments

• Take a look at 123system :D

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

That's an interesting idea. Build your own semi dedicated? ;)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@giang Thanks, I believe that IS the company! ;D
    @jarland Well, its for some of the lowenders that still want the thrill of a "steal of a deal"... however I'm not sure how sustainable this business model is...

I'm thinking for example w.r.t 123systems,
    First year (basic yearly price of a small resource vps with 100 GB is $60)
    If the HDD lasts more than 1 year, you end up paying 10 per year after that...

Sounds kind of too good to be true right? But it sorta works as a decent backup node when I think about it

EDIT: Woops, seems he's out of the cheap yearly VPS packages though

• You can get my 128MB VPS from them, send me a PM

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I just realised I bought a 512 from them, thnx for the offer though @Albert
    Reading some reviews though, i think I will hold back on the one time payment, ended up trying @Damian storage plan 50gb to s start with