Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auction for remaining 2.5 months on Delimter dual L5420
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Auction for remaining 2.5 months on Delimter dual L5420

ReeRee Member
edited July 2015 in Offers

I have a Delimiter dual X5150 that I upgraded to a dual L5420 when they offered the one-time $100 upgrade. It just renewed on June 29 and will next renew on September 29, so there's about 2.5 months remaining. I couldn't pass up the upgrade deal, but still don't know what to do with it, so I'm hoping to transfer it and recoup some (or all) of the $100 one-time fee that I paid.

Server details:

• HP ProLiant BL460c G1
  • 1 IPv4
  • 2 x 500GB w/ HW RAID (E200i)
  • 16GB RAM
  • 5TB transfer
  • Recurring amount: $90 per quarter (at next billing cycle the second HD can be removed to drop this to $60 per quarter)

Auction details:

• Start price: $1 USD
  • Bid increments: Minimum $1 USD
  • Reserve price: $49 USD (may be waived at my discretion)
  • Buy-it-now price: $100 USD
  • End date: Wed July 15 @ 10am EDT (UTC-4) (approximately 48 hours from now)

NOTE 1: You MUST have a VERIFIED PayPal account to bid.

NOTE 2: You MUST be an existing Delimiter customer to bid.

NOTE 3: If you DO NOT have a VERIFIED PayPal account, or if Delimiter denies the transfer (you are not a customer, or you are not in good standing, etc), you will be refunded and I will offer the transfer to the next highest bidder (if any others pass the reserve)

NOTE 4: I have no idea how long Delimiter will take to make the transfer -- I will submit the request after receiving payment, but if for example they take a week after that no partial refund will be given

The high reserve price is because if I can't get at least that much, then I'll have to fall back to Plan B :) Don't forget for somewhere between $49 and $100 you're getting the $100 X5150 to L5420 upgrade as well as approximately $75 in unused service.

For those concerned, I did get permission for a non-domain auction, and I hope I've followed all the rules correctly.

@Spirit can I please have 24 hours of unsink? Thanks!

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Why would you start at 1$, when if it does not go over 49$ you would not release it? Why not start at 49$? Also, don't they offer these machines for 20$ per month atm?

• ReeRee Member
    edited July 2015

@AlexBarakov said:
    Why would you start at 1$, when if it does not go over 49$ you would not release it? Why not start at 49$? Also, don't they offer these machines for 20$ per month atm?

To be honest? Because I'm hoping people bid in $1 increments and help keep the post at the top for as long as possible during the 24 hour unsink period :)

Also, reserves are usually at the sellers discretion...if it gets close to $49 then maybe I'll choose to let it go anyway...updated the original post to mention this fact.

And to the best of my knowledge the $20 servers are a BL260c and do not have hardware RAID. If one doesn't need hardware RAID, then they're definitely an option to consider, as are the Dacentec servers that have been posted about a lot lately.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Makes sense. Good luck :)

• SadySady Member

Dacentec one is probably better. I do have a L5420 with 2x3TB LSI HW RAID 16GB at $30/m.

• ReeRee Member

If it's dual L5420, and it's in stock, then that's unquestionably a better deal.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

Ree said: unquestionably a better deal.

And his post is undoubtedly an awesome way to make sure your auction succeeds.

• ReeRee Member

@Traffic said:
    And his post is undoubtedly an awesome way to make sure your auction succeeds.

I don't want my auction to succeed if someone is getting a worse deal then they could get elsewhere, so I welcome his feedback.

• @Sady said:
    Dacentec one is probably better. I do have a L5420 with 2x3TB LSI HW RAID 16GB at $30/m.

If it was available I would buy it without thinking twice. Great deal!

• FarjadFarjad Member

20$ ?

• BruceBruce Member

$25

• ReeRee Member

@Farjad @Bruce Thanks for the bids. I think I'll hang on to it for awhile longer and see if I can find a use for it. If not, I'll probably give it away shortly before the next renewal, so watch for a post in mid September.

• $5

• is it still available?

• $6.

Can i ask for more IP?

• ReeRee Member

@virzo @stallion @windytime90 Sorry, auction ended almost 3 weeks ago. And I found someone who can make use of it, so it's not longer available.

Can a mod please close (or set to sink)? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.