Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some help about proxmox permission for users
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some help about proxmox permission for users

gtraxgtrax Member
edited July 2015 in Help

Hello guys,
Have been using SolusVM in different nodes and setups. Just added a new node last month with proxmox. But after working on it for a few days, have tried finding out some help online as well that proxmox webgui has no option where we can allow some specific user of a VM the ability to either reinstall an OS or a template. Proxmox is pretty simple when it comes to it webgui. Btw I am using proxmox 3.0
Is this the case or am I missing something? Some online references or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Have you read this?

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/User_Management

It is very straightforward.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

proxmox doesn't have a built in reinstall option

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@k0nsl said:
    Have you read this?

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/User_Management

It is very straightforward.

Yup I have read it and it is straight forward you are right. But as I said in my post that the reinstall feature is not available/or it is a limitation. So i mean i think I am right that this is a limitation of proxmox.
    So will have to manage this again via solusvm i think using a remote admin license.
    Thanks

• gtraxgtrax Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    proxmox doesn't have a built in reinstall option

Yes you are right. It seems so.
    Thanks for the feedback.

• wychwych Member

Delete and re-create it via the API, but there is no GUI for that.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member

@wych said:
    Delete and re-create it via the API, but there is no GUI for that.

Yup doing that. Thanks

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2015

you can do make snapshots/backups from freshly installed VM to give the possibility of restoring the VM directly from this.
    for KVM you can make different netinst-ISOs available to be put into virtual cd-rom and boot from to reinstall via VNC.

PS: for sure, the user should be able to handle such things, not for point and click wannabe-sysadmins...

Thanked by 1gtrax