Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertising
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advertising

Aside from here, where else do people advertise for free or even fairly cheap? I don't have a whole lot to spend on advertising at this time but would like to start.

I realize word of mouth is a big way to advertise, but I'm curious about other ways too.

Comments

• Google AdWords

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • VPSSoldiersVPSSoldiers Member
    edited July 2015

@rahulks said:
    Google AdWords

With other adventures, I've never had good success with AdWords or Facebook mainly because you need a decent amount of money per day e.g. $300/day

(when I say I don't have a whole lot to spend, I'm thinking $100/mo to start)

• VPSSoldiers said: (when I say I don't have a whole lot to spend, I'm thinking $100/mo to start)

http://www.google.com/ads/adwords-coupon.html

• VPSSoldiers said: I've never had good success with AdWords or Facebook mainly because you need a decent amount of money per day e.g. $300/day

It's very easy to lose money with those traffic sources. You need to make sure everything is controlled and tracked, or you'll just waste money.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • i do a fair bit of advertising on the sites available via buysellads

get a decent amount of customers from it, just depends on the website, some are cheap and get lots of clicks, some are expensive as anything and get practically zero.

had a shot on forums.digitalpoint.com, that was practically useless, i think it got ~1M views, and 3 clicks with zero sales from it. but they do have an ad marketplace there as well.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    i do a fair bit of advertising on the sites available via buysellads

I will take a look at buysellads.

• @VPSSoldiers buysellads is the best option within your budget. :)

• GM2015GM2015 Member

forums, blog commenting(manual, relevant), "expert" videos(like how to and the like) on youtube and similar sites, anything online that brings you ref traffic. Social media interactivity with targeted audience.

The cost to above is your time available(or that of an assistant/VA). Videos need editing and designing. You could do whiteboard videos with certain programs. Can't name any ATM.

Advertising isn't evil as some would have you believe.

Can't advise on Pay per clicks(bing,adwords,facebook), twitter has a result based advertising. Reddit ads might be also worth it. Thisiswhyimbroke dot com got big according to their AMA a while ago.

SEO is very competitive in hosting and servers I believe against bigger corps with huge budgets.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015
    1. Google Adword (It will give you a free hit type clicks but not conversation but useful for improving alexa rank.. lol)

2. Write unique contents, It will give you a real traffic from google search at free of cost.
  • @DewlanceVPS said:
    2. Write unique contents, It will give you a real traffic from google search at free of cost.

after years, if website is new and not popular yet.

• Rather than spamming offers everywhere, why not move the focus to building a true brand? Once you've build a brand, the customers will continue to flow in, regardless of whether you remembered to post on WHT/LET/VPSBoard (hint-all are great places to advertise).

Branding 101 (taken from our blog)

Quick piece of advice - if you don't have money to spend on advertising, provide useful content to others through forums, as well as sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. You can (almost!) always replace money with your time.