Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is RAM efficient of the Ubuntu (Ubuntu 12.04 x86, Ubuntu 14.04 x86 ,Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is RAM efficient of the Ubuntu (Ubuntu 12.04 x86, Ubuntu 14.04 x86 ,Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64

2»

Comments

• FlamesRunner said: Eh, I just don't like systemd.

Neither do I really. But it's the way CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu is going, so I'll learn to live with it.

I'm much more concerned with the future of running a lowend mysql server. Mariadb uses way more RAM no matter how you tune it, and MySQL Community Edition won't even start if innodb is disabled....

• smansman Member

@sleddog said:
    ....MySQL Community Edition won't even start if innodb is disabled....

Since when? What version?

skip-innodb

Doesn't work?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

Using Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 on several High RAM VPS Nodes without any issue.

total         used           free         shared    buffers     cached
       :         44262      43608        654          0            198          14084
               -/+ buffers/cache:       29325      14937

• @sman said:
    Doesn't work?

I sorted it out eventually. Something ocurred when mysql was started first with the default my.cnf settings (innodb enabled) and then restarted with a custom my.cnf (innodb disabled). Cleaning out /var/lib/mysql resolved it.

MySQL community version 5.5, CentOS 7:

[root@c7 ~]# pstree
    systemd─┬─2*[agetty]
            ├─crond
            ├─dbus-daemon
            ├─kthreadd/122───khelper/122
            ├─mysqld_safe───mysqld───2*[{mysqld}]
            ├─nginx───nginx
            ├─php-fpm
            ├─rsyslogd───{rsyslogd}
            ├─sshd───sshd───bash───pstree
            ├─systemd-journal
            ├─systemd-logind
            └─systemd-udevd
    [root@c7 ~]# free -h
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            64M        8.5M        7.1M        2.6M         48M         28M
    Swap:           64M        1.4M         62M

That's with only a tiny bit of traffic :)