Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cleaning addon tables in WHMCS database
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cleaning addon tables in WHMCS database

elgselgs Member
edited July 2015 in General

I think all addons should provide a list of what tables they created, when I am looking at tons of zombie tables, and I'm actually not sure whether they are real zombies or not, I started to pull my scalp off. Also I think the way WHMCS organizes addons is a bit like what Eclipse does. It's a nightmare when you want to clear them out. I think they should put all their stuff in their own add on directory.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Create a feature request with WHMCS. How can possibly Low End Helpdesk help you?

Besides, 3rd party addons aren't really supported by them. Contact developers who didn't bothered to create a hook that would destroy the table on addon deactivation.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member
    edited July 2015

Right, I think it's time for WHMCS to set some rules for all addon providers. I've opened a ticket in their system.

• WHMCS can set all the rules they want, they're completely unenforceable. It comes down to good programming. Usually, it's worth spending the extra few dollars...