Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing solusvm master server main IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changing solusvm master server main IP

stallionstallion Member
edited July 2015 in Help

How can I change the solusvm master server main IP? I have KVM over IP /IPMI access.
I have already asked solusvm support team and they say only my data centre can do it for me.

Reply from solusvm support

You need to do this from you end. We have already told that you need to contact the DC to change the IP. We will not able to assist you because it may cause the downtime of the server.

Here is the situation. I got two IP ranges provided by my datacentre.

Block 1 >>> This is the the old range

Block 2 >>> New range provided by dc

I have to convert all in use IPs to block 2 within a given period of time and return the block 1 to the datacenter. It is possible to convert the IPs used by the VMs from the solusvm admin panel but I don't know how to change the main IP used by solusvm. Do I really need to contact my datacentre?

Comments

• SadySady Member

OpenVZ having master right?
    Simply access your server through IPMI & modify IPADDR, NETMASK & GATEWAY (if that's there) in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (or maybe ifcfg-eth1). Also change gateway in /etc/sysconfig/network (if that's there).
    Feel free to PM me if you want me to do that for you :)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

@Sady said:
    OpenVZ having master right?
    Simply access your server through IPMI & modify IPADDR, NETMASK & GATEWAY (if that's there) in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (or maybe ifcfg-eth1). Also change gateway in /etc/sysconfig/network (if that's there).
    Feel free to PM me if you want me to do that for you :)

You also have to modify a file in the slaves you have to reflect the ip of the master.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@stallion contact me on skype readydedi.bharat , I'll help you out on TV

• SadySady Member

@rsk said:

Yes that also needs to be done if you also have slaves.