Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostingCon.global - anyone planning to attend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostingCon.global - anyone planning to attend?

Hi Guys,

It is July now and I am curious to see who will be attending HostingCon.global event this year ([link]http://www.hostingcon.com/global/). It isn't free but, by its looks, it will be really great!

Cheers!

Comments

• Hi, its'a Mario

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited July 2015

Nope, they are very prejudiced and the benefits of going are negligible especially since they like to advertise in their promo's that they allow to mix alcohol with learning.

I made a video to outline of some these issues as well, be careful.

Also, I think it's best to spend the $700 on advertising for your company. That price is also very expensive just for the 'ticket', and it's not even including the hotel costs, plane ticket, food, etc.. I would tread carefully and stay far, far away from anything to do with WHT, and their so called 'activities'. It seems very shady.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Thinking to go to the Europe one, would end up relatively cheap for me.

• Dillybob said: Nope, they are very prejudiced and the benefits of going are negligible especially since they like to advertise in their promo's that they allow to mix alcohol with learning.

Ever wonder how the most successful Hosting companies made it to the big leagues?

Knowledge then implementation. Success loves speed.

The biggest companies in Hosting all started fast and never looked back. Softlayer, SingleHop, HostGator to name a few hit the ground running and grew into multi-million dollar companies.

Your Hosting business can be just like the big players too. In fact, two of the companies I listed above started either in an college dorm room or a living room.

And if you want to grow your Hosting company fast, there's one thing you need to do. Always. Be. Learning.

If you are working in your business more than working ON your business. you aren't growing.

Most of you will understand what I mean, but I'll spell it out.

If most of your day is spent:

.    Answering support tickets   
    .    Performing server upgrades   
    .    Handling billing / accounting tickets   
    .    Ordering hardware   

. then you are working IN your business and it's NOT GOING TO GROW.

If you really want to grow and make more money, you need to be working ON your business.

.    Finding new places to PROMOTE your business   
    .    Reviewing and tweaking packages for increased sales   
    .    Emailing your customers and keeping them 'in the loop'   
    .    Implementing systems and technology to automate and become more efficient   
    .    Gathering MORE LEADS   
    .    Focusing on GROWTH (and planning for it)   

Most of you who are on this list are more technically inclined than marketing inclined. and that's ok.

In fact, you should implement PROVEN methods and strategies from experienced marketers.

So where do you start? Remember the hosts I mentioned above? They all attended conferences, networking events, and formed friendships with their peers AND competitors.

Yes, you can be friends with your competitors because with Hosting, there are plenty of customers to go around for everyone.

Now, I'm going to give you the chance to do all of the above for FREE by entering the FindMyHost HostingCon Giveaway.

Yep, we will be giving away a full fledged HostingCon 2015 ticket, a $699 value. This gets you access to every single event at HostingCon.

You will get access to Roundtable discussions, networking events, parties, prize giveaways, breakout sessions, and most importantly.

KNOWLEDGE.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Dillybob said:
    Nope, they are very prejudiced and the benefits of going are negligible especially since they like to advertise in their promo's that they allow to mix alcohol with learning.

Also, I think it's best to spend the $700 on advertising for your company. That price is also very expensive just for the 'ticket', and it's not even including the hotel costs, plane ticket, food, etc.. I would tread carefully and stay far, far away from anything to do with WHT, and their so called 'activities'. It seems very shady.

Still bitter you got banned there?

• linuxthefish said: If you really want to grow and make more money, you need to be working ON your business.

. Finding new places to PROMOTE your business

. Reviewing and tweaking packages for increased sales
    . Emailing your customers and keeping them 'in the loop'
    . Implementing systems and technology to automate and become more efficient
    . Gathering MORE LEADS
    . Focusing on GROWTH (and planning for it)
    Most of you who are on this list are more technically inclined than marketing inclined. and that's ok.

Which all can be accomplished without ever paying $700 + fees, or attending some 'HostingCon' event.

Same goes for this comment:

linuxthefish said: You will get access to Roundtable discussions, networking events, parties, prize giveaways, breakout sessions, and most importantly.

No need to attend an event driven by dementia bound geezers spewing old 2005 hosting garbage.

Prize giveways are irrelevant in the success of your business, parties are mostly full of drinking which is unprofessional. As I said, alcohol and learning do not coincide. characterized by persistent learning and memory problems.

Roundtable discussions and networking events could be 'educational', so I agree with you there. Knowledge is easily obtainable without having to attend these conventions. Your argument by saying you cannot be successful in the hosting industry unless you attend conventions is just silly.

Thanked by 1Joery
  • @Dillybob I am not affiliated with HostingCon but, in my view, this conference is meant for B2B market, for hosters to meet other hosters as well as vendors.

I agree with @linuxthefish that there is so much to learn from your peers, create a network and even work together with the competition. People visit the conferences for 'content', learning about new technologies, products, market changes. After all, those big names in the industry are the ones who adopt and promote new ideas.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Dillybob said:

How would you know any of the BS you babble?

Never been to an IT conference.

Never held an IT job.

Never owned a hosting (or any other) business.

Has not even finished high school.

How do you know drinking at parties is unprofessional? You've never had a profession. I have been to dozens of IT conferences (most of the big ones in the US) and people drank at every single one of them. Your juvenile views of how professional gatherings work are irrelevant.

BTW, why did you get banned at WHT? And why is it so important to you? Because your "WHT is evil and I shall expose them" charade isn't fooling anyone. Probably not even yourself. You're just mad you got banned and want revenge, which you are completely powerless to deliver.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited July 2015

I'll be at HostingCon, along with several other members of the OnApp team.

It's a good conference - cPanel Conference (if you offer/use cPanel) is probably the best conference for learning. HostingCon does a really good job of providing a mix of knowledge though, providing very technical sessions, some futurology & marketing.

The drinking aspect is very overplayed. Yes, people drink. No one forces you to drink, and those who drink usually stay in their group of drinkers. Those who want to be productive the next day, stay in their own group. For the most part, we're all adults, and remain respectful of each other.

I fly in Friday, and will be scouring the area for the best foods, along with jet skiing on Sunday. If you'd like to meet up, send me an email or PM me here.

• @OnApp_Terry

Its the same with Uni no one forces you to drink. But seriously who hasn't drunk at Uni.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

HostingCon this year probably not, but WHD.Global next year 100% :)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2015

You definitely made some great points there.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    HostingCon this year probably not, but WHD.Global next year 100% :)

Will meet you there :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • mrtzmrtz Member

@Dillybob said:
    I made a video to outline of some these issues as well, be careful.

Now, I didn't see that you made the vid until I quoted it here so sorry about that, but here is the only thing I could think of; The dude that made that vid is a fucking idiot. Sorry, but it's true. I really hope it's trolling, for their own sake.