Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed VPS hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed VPS hosting

Hello,

I'm looking into managed VPS for a wordpress website. Currently I'm on a semi-dedicated plan ($19/mo) but the CPU is always hitting 100 (2 full CPU core). So somebody suggested me to look into managed VPS hosting. What is the best and cheapest deals out there? I just need everything to be setup like a shared, but with more resources.

Thank you!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I submit that you will get no more bang for your buck than KnownHost for managed VPS services. They get things done right.

• SliderSlider Member

You're on a semi managed plan but you're still hitting your CPU cap? Is your wordpress optimized? Updated plugins etc?

Basically for a managed VPS you're paying somebody to manage/optimize the server for your website. For a Low end one you may be getting the same specs that your semi-dedicated is. Typically a manged VPS costs $10-$20 more per month due to the management fee.

• @Slider said:
    You're on a semi managed plan but you're still hitting your CPU cap? Is your wordpress optimized? Updated plugins etc?

Basically for a managed VPS you're paying somebody to manage/optimize the server for your website. For a Low end one you may be getting the same specs that your semi-dedicated is. Typically a manged VPS costs $10-$20 more per month due to the management fee.

Plus the cost of a cPanel license, since by "managed" VPS, most providers just mean they will click stuff in cPanel for you.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Hi,

we could provide the following Managed Server:

Intel Xeon - 2 CPU Cores -
    2GB ECC Ram -
    120GB Storage -
    DDoS Protection up to 60Gbit/s -
    Fully managed with Froxlor CP

Optional Features: Layer7 DDoS Mitigation, 24x7 Monitoring / Reaction, Daily Backup

Monthly: 25€ (~$27) -
    One time setup: 49€ (~$54)

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

#

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited July 2015

Why would you need a managed VPS for a WordPress site....

Slider said: Basically for a managed VPS you're paying somebody to manage/optimize the server for your website. For a Low

Bullshit. For a managed VPS all you're paying for is a web panel with installation scripts & customer experience. Nobody on their network is managing/optimizing shit for your vps. They aint got time fo dat.

• We can offer this for you super cheap with a great managed support team. Contact us at http://w3hostingservices.com/submitticket.php and we can help you find the perfect VPS plan so that your website runs fast, stable and has plenty of resources.

• You can check our managed VPS hosting plans at https://www.milesweb.com/vps-hosting.php Let me know if you are interested in any package, I will offer you a good deal on it.

• jhjh Member

www.futurehosting.com are very well priced for a decent managed cPanel VPS

• HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
    edited July 2015

We have managed VPS plans from $29/mo (with discounts, price can go even lower)

http://hostmybytes.com/managed-vps-hosting/

Some features that many other managed hosts are missing:

-DDoS Protection

-Daily R1Soft Backups

-Pre-hardened servers

-24/7 Support w/ ActiveBytes Management

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

PM'd you! :)

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

PM'd you as well :)