Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Address question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Address question

vladka24vladka24 Member

Is it possible to purchase atleast one IP address (v4) and make it work with my already owned vps or dedi? Is it like a domain where theres a whois and what not? Like somehow make it as if it's a second ip address? If so, where can I buy one and some suggestions who have already done so?

Comments

• your provider?

• I think you're asking if you can like register a single IP with ARIN, and the answer is no. You can get another VPS and tunnel the IP, or what's easier is just paying your current host for an additional IP.

• Ask your provider for IP, probably justification required.

• wychwych Member

Kinda, for an additional IP you can do the following: (Be prepared for justification too).

1) Ask your provider for a 2nd IP.

2) Get a new VPS and GRE Tunnel to your existing VPS.

IP's also have SWIP data that says which organisation owns the space and also have rDNS that binds an IP to a hostname.

• Yeez justification seems like such a big deal, no problemo.

Alright. I've just found Amazon's elastic ip thingy no justification is even needed, cheers.

• @vladka24 said:
    Yeez justification seems like such a big deal, no problemo.

It's normally pretty straightforward especially for single Ip's

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

You have to buy an additional ip.
    You have to bind the ip to your network interface.