Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a test file in OVH RBX3 location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a test file in OVH RBX3 location

AkitoAkito Member

Hello,

As I'm suspecting some network issues in the OVH network, RBX3 location, and OVH not being helpfull (hey, what's new?) I was hoping that there would be someone who would be willing to share a test file of >500MB preferrably in the RBX3 location. Even better would be someone running ESXi on it.

Not only my virtual machines are experiencing a slow upload to the world outside of OVH, but also the hypervisor itself. Downloading directly from the datastores is just as slow, so it's not the VMTools. Could be maybe a driver issue (though, I might expect that the image provided has it's correct drivers) or something in the network.

Comments

• BochiBochi Member

Just looked that up, but my servers are not in RBX3...
    But maybe you can spot anything in here: http://weathermap.ovh.net/

• AkitoAkito Member

Thanks for the effort taking a look if you're in RBX3 anyway!

It's hard to find the exact location of my server there, however zooming in at RBX3 on this map, it all seems quite ok.... nothing is coloured red at least.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

http://proof.ovh.net/ Would this be any help?

• AkitoAkito Member

Done that as one of the first things. Downloading rbx.proof.ovh.net/files/10Gb.dat gives me WAY better speeds (30 to 60MB/s depending on destination). That's quite a difference compared to there mere 4MB/s my server is delivering.

• BochiBochi Member

Are you still in need of something regarding you issue?
    Just discovered that a server I have access to is located at RBX3...

• AkitoAkito Member

That would be quite appreciated! If you would be able to share a file I can download, please yes :)

• BochiBochi Member
    edited July 2015

Ok, let me prepare some files for you - watch your inbox! ;)

Thanked by 1Akito
  • AkitoAkito Member

Thank you very much!! I've replied :))