Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE - Europe (Lithuania) XEN Based VPS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FREE - Europe (Lithuania) XEN Based VPS

13»

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Anna_Parker said: But I have noticed some are really resistant to that process. ;-) Sorry to say that, but that's the truth; of course it's just my opinion!

In my mind that is a good thing. It should weed out the truly LAZY abusers haha. There is another benefit to doing it the way we have done it. You can imagine that a lot of free hosting services remain unused and dormant for long periods of time, consuming resources for no good reason. With us, if the Carrots are not claimed every month, and the service is not 'paid' for, then our system will know that the VPS is not in use and will proceed to automatically close it down.

@Chuck, glad to be of help. Hope you enjoy the VPS.

• I can't access my VPS :(

@Strikerr. Sorry about that. We are back online now.

• BandaiBandai Member

Hi @randvegeta, how can we add / update the rDNS / PTR? It is blank for my IP.

Just open a ticket. Its free for paid vps plans or $5 for free vps.

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited July 2015

serverbear

root@lerl:~# wget dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.EU.sh -q -O- | bash
    -------------Speed test--------------------

Testing EU locations
    Speedtest from Tallinn, Estonia on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 1.52 MB/sec
            Upload speed: .91 MB/sec
    Speedtest from London, United Kingdom on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 1.08 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 3.03 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Paris, France on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 2.84 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 3.64 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Alblasserdam, Netherlands [ generously donated by http://ramnode.com ] on on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 5.24 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 4.95 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Spijkenisse, Netherlands [ generously donated by http://www.freshnetworks.co ] on a 1 Gbps shared port
            Download Speed: 3.01 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 4.05 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Milan, Italy [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 1.36 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 4.84 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Dusseldorf, Germany [ generously donated by http://megavz.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: .57 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 4.98 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Falkenstein, Germany [ generously donated by http://megavz.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 3.22 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 5.25 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Bucharest, Romania [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a semi-dedicated 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: .90 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 3.43 MB/sec
    ---------------CPU test--------------------
    CPU: 1 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Time taken to generate PI to 5000 decimal places with a single thread: 0m19.070s
    ----------------IO test-------------------
    Writing 1000MB file to disk
    (1.1 GB) copied, 11.2967 s, 95.0 MB/s

Hi @berndy2001,

Perhaps you could run your test again :-). Small config error on the network and it should be much faster now.

Just to let people know. Only 3 free VPS left on existing nodes. Next nodes will be deployed tomorrow.

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited July 2015

network looks better now: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/07/10/cWhnWc4OBByUAFL7

other question: what happens if i dont "pay" the bill in time (for example when i´m on vacation for two weeks)?
    And is there a way to change the keyboard layout on the console?

@brendy2001

berndy2001 said: other question: what happens if i dont "pay" the bill in time (for example when i´m on vacation for two weeks)? And is there a way to change the keyboard layout on the console?

If the bill is not paid on time, the VPS will be suspended and then it will eventually be terminated. You need to make sure you claim your Carrots and pay the bill before that happens. Near carrots are available from the 1st of each month.

I don't think it's possible to change the keyboard layout from the console, but it may just be and OS config setting. You may be able to change it from within the VM somewhere.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Lithuania location with Hong Kong IP, nice :)

fitvpn said: Lithuania location with Hong Kong IP, nice :)

Hong Kong based company :-). We had a spare range or two so decided to use them :-)

• runfasterrunfaster Member
    edited July 2015

can i install windows server in VPSbit?

• @runfaster If you are talking about free service, you can provide own ISO and they will mount it for $5. It's good deal.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@runfaster, Yes. But to run Windows we advice you to have atleast 2GB RAM. We have the ISO uploaded and you can install it yourself. If you want us to install it for you, it will cost you $5 one time.

Also, it won't be licensed copy, you will have to get it licensed yourself.

If you have any more queries, contact me or @randvegeta ;) We are here to serve you.

Windows server needs more than 512MB RAM. Windows XP does not. If you want to run XP on the free VPS then we can attach your ISO for $5 but you install yourself.

• I would recommend Windows 2003 Server instead XP.

Ah yes, Win2k3 will run fine on 512mb Ram

• Seems nice - trying it out.

• AlajosAlajos Member
    edited July 2015

Hi,
    When will it be in stock again?
    Thanks in advance

• AlajosAlajos Member

Is anyone there?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

Announcement

We have restocked and only 60 VMs are available on this node. Hurry up while the stocks last!

Thanked by 1Alajos
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

Any hint as to the precise location (datacenter) of these servers? Far from Vilnius?

Hi @Shot2,

Sorry for the late reply. The location is Kaunas. 100km from Vilnius. Are you in LT?

• Thx for the reply!
    Nope :) but always interested in knowing the datacenter / peering / geoloc of any server...