Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help with setting solus virtual machine software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help with setting solus virtual machine software

hello. i'm new to the forum. i am going to build few vps on a server by solusvm.
i setup the master server and it work ok. but cannot setup slave and after setting kvm bridge. i cannot ssh to the server using putty.

can anyone help me plz.

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2015

just use proxmox. its free and much better. and its ready to go once installed

• no selling. private use.

• @TarZZ92 : my friend has a solus license. i'm going to use it. can proxmox use kvm i need to run windows to encode few videos.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2015

raider_in_dark said: can proxmox use kvm i need to run windows to encode few videos.

Yes, that's it's main thing. openvz second. (it can run both at same time)

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Since you cannot SSH into your server, you have made a mistake in your bridge configuration. Do you have IPMI or KVM console access to the dedicated server?

• @TarZZ92 thank you.

@deployvm i can login now. restarted server. now ok.

• followed tutorial and add slave to master. but after making vm. it won't boot. kvm on solusvm

• SadySady Member

What OS are you using?
    It simply doesn't boot or doesn't work? What's the VM status in SolusVM? Have you checked through KVM?
    You can send me your skype to let me getting that fixed for you.

• @Sady : centos on both master and slave. after setup it shows on client area. i've setup a client login for me. but status is offline.

on client panel after clicking boot it shows boot ok. but status is offline.

• SadySady Member

@raider_in_dark said:
    Sady : centos on both master and slave. after setup it shows on client area. i've setup a client login for me. but status is offline.

on client panel after clicking boot it shows boot ok. but status is offline.

Which template are you using?
    Have you put template on master & sync those on Slave?

• @Sady : no template. i'm using iso to create.

• added template and synced them. won't boot. windows and ubuntu templates

• Have you tried configuring bridge for slave. In most cases bridge would cause errors like this

• I don't know, as far as I know, Solus master uses ssh to comm. with slaves, so if you can't ssh to the slave, so won't the master

• smansman Member
    edited July 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    just use proxmox. its free and much better. and its ready to go once installed

• smansman Member
    edited July 2015

If you cannot SSH in to a slave you must have something going on not related to Solus. Master or Slave makes no difference for SSH. Firewall rules the Solus installer applies makes no difference for SSH.

For starters I would check that SELINUX is disabled and then check firewall rules to see if you have a rule for the wrong SSH port or something like that

• sman said: If you cannot SSH in to a slave you must have something going on not related to Solus. Master or Slave makes no difference for SSH. Firewall rules the Solus installer applies makes no difference for SSH.