Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to monitor low end vps which is less then 256mb ram and kloxo installed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to monitor low end vps which is less then 256mb ram and kloxo installed

raihan0888raihan0888 Member
edited November 2011 in Help

how you monitor your low end vps?
without optimization with kloxo its take 40-50 mb ram.

i installed munin but its took total 80-90 mb!!

Comments

• I use an external service like http://uptimerobot.com

Thanked by 1raihan0888
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Try servphp, you don't need to install it, its a simple php script which will tell you the ram, cpu etc usage

You can download it from :
    www.code.google.com/p/servphp

• i search something which is show TOP command like information. do you know any software like this?

• Google vpsinfo , that's a php script that displays what you want and more.

• @Go59954 said: Google vpsinfo , that's a php script that displays what you want and more.

Agree

Also, I modified it for my needs

• mrm2005mrm2005 Member
    edited November 2011

@raihan0888 said: how you monitor your low end vps? without optimization with kloxo its take 40-50 mb ram. i installed munin but its took total 80-90 mb!!

Are you sure? i'm running debain squeeze , nginx , mysql , php ,ipsec/xl2tpd, munin, monit & openssh and using around 30~32MB ram. munin usage is around 5~8MB with 28 plugins.

• jhjh Member

You should be monitoring your server externally

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Use webmin

• NickMNickM Member
    edited November 2011

If you have more than one server (or an old system at home that you could use), OpenStatus will probably suit you perfectly. It lets you monitor uptime, RAM, disk and CPU usage, and what processes are running, and alerts via email if a process is down or RAM, disk or CPU usage is high. The client and server each use about 4MB of RAM.

Full disclosure: It's written by me (based on DimeCadmium's scrd and Nikki's status page), and occasionally has bugs that pop up, which I try to address pretty quickly.