Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Help] UK Bank Account for Non-Resident ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Help] UK Bank Account for Non-Resident !

2»

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I can indeed do so, but Banks also require Proof of Identity which I can't provide because of not being a British Citizen !

I'm not British and I have bank accounts in UK. being resident is more than just having an address. it also is about credit score, which includes stuff like electoral register

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Anyone know if PayPal accepts SEPA Bank Accounts ?? !!

Yes, I use a German bank account with Paypal.

slightly OT: It might be a good idea to open a bank account wherever you go on vacation, or for other reasons. You never know when you will need it. Then you can also deposit money there, instead of keeping it in your hotel/wallet.

Using bitcoin to avoid high transaction fees to other countries might be a good idea,too (although volatility risk if not instantly bought and sold).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: I can indeed do so, but Banks also require Proof of Identity which I can't provide because of not being a British Citizen !

You don't have to be British Citizen to open a British Bank account, however if you're outside EU you might need Visa to do that.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: No, I pay Tax in My Country (Bangladesh) but unfortunately PayPal doesn't support Bangladesh :3

Payoneer? Use US payment service to withdraw funds from US/EU PayPal account.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@TheKiller said:

Yeah, I have that. However, I do take Payments in PayPal & it can be easier for Me if I can withdraw My PayPal Funds to Payoneer using US Bank Account but unfortunately, everywhere I'm getting Same type of Verification Problem.

I just checked PayPal's Money Transfer Fee Structure. I saw if the Sender is from Northern Europe Countries, they have Very Little Charge to Pay. Lowest 0.4% to 1.8% Highest !

Northern Europe consists: Denmark, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Norway & Sweden.

Also, these countries have option to withdraw Funds in US Bank Account. Anyone know the procedure to verify accounts in these countries ?? Credit Card and US Bank Account is fine is supported ! :D

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited July 2015

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Also, these countries have option to withdraw Funds in US Bank Account. Anyone know the procedure to verify accounts in these countries ?? Credit Card and US Bank Account is fine is supported ! :D

I have not yet understood why you can't withdraw your Paypal funds to a US bank account. o.o

Also, aren't there any payment processors that allow your customers to pay over Paypal, then transfer the money to your account? I have never used a payment processor so I don't know, but it sounds like a possibility...

//EDIT: The procedure with Swedish/etc. banks should be the same. Go to local branch or to Sweden

• jhjh Member

What are you trying to accomplish with this account? The UK has enough red tape to cover the planet and Paypal is inflexible too. Lots of foreign nationals open accounts in Gibraltar for example - that might be an option.

@4n0nx said:
    //EDIT: The procedure with Swedish/etc. banks should be the same. Go to local branch or to Sweden

If I'm not misguided, you'rr referring to Payment Processors like 2CheckOut ?? I want PayPal for flexibility, Less Transaction Fee. If I use PayPal direct instead of 3rd Party Payment Processor, then I get the Money in the PayPal Account, If I want I can pay with the Money for anything, I can get the Money withdrawn in My US Bank Account. The Sale fee is also reduced not like 2CheckOut's 5.5% + 0.30 USD :/

• looks like its time to move out of Bangladesh

@JoeMerit said:
    looks like its time to move out of Bangladesh

I was thinking the Same. Maybe Next Year, I have to think for something else :3

Thanked by 14n0nx