Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARIN costs, wait time, probability, etc
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ARIN costs, wait time, probability, etc

raza19raza19 Veteran

1) We have always rented our ips but seeing that ipv4 space is almost at an end, I was thinking of applying for a /24 . I have read their fee schedule at https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html, from the looks of it, its going to be reg+ASN+allotment, something in the order of almost $1500 first time ? then an annual of xx-small $500 ?

2) If i have very solid justification , what chances do i have of getting the space because I am sure a lot other people will be applying too.

3) If the application moves ahead, what is the time frame of registration > application > allotment ?

4) What does ARIN expect in terms of utilization for us to keep the ipv4s that were allotted ? If we are using all the ipv4s is that good enough a reason. Plus can they revoke an assignment for non-use ?

Comments

• You don't need an ASN for IPs.

You can get a /24 easily still.

Takes 3-4 weeks.

IP space can be revoked for non usage, but this is rarely done.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • SadySady Member

@William said:

Does ARIN allows Non-US to apply for IPs?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited July 2015

@Sady said:

No, you need to be an American company to register. (but you can be in let's say the EU, just have an american company with an american postal address)