Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your experience with Digitalocean in 2015?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your experience with Digitalocean in 2015?

GM2015GM2015 Member
edited July 2015 in Providers

Hi folks

Just wanted to ask your opinion and experience about digitalocean in 2015.
On other forums I frequent some people consider them unreliable.
I've got the github student pack a few months ago and I want to host a site on one server and run monitoring and tracking apps on another server.
I'm new to linux and hosting my own apps and websites, however I can google install and setting guides for my own use.
I don't provide public services, so don't think I'm a summerhost or a shill kind of account.

Thanks for the answers. I've run the same question on google and haven't found any recent opinion on DO.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com+digitalocean

Comments

• MuZoMuZo Member

They might be unreliable compared to other cloud providers, but they should be fine for your needs. Also take note that the promotional credit will expire after 1 year from the redeem date.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

GM2015 said: I've got the github student pack a few months ago and I want to host a site on one server and run monitoring and tracking apps on another server.

Your bonus credit expires in a year after you got it, so you might as well create some servers and try them for yourself, it's not like you're saving any money by not doing so.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • GM2015GM2015 Member

Thank you guys. I forgot to mention that I already knew of their credit expiry policy as I had asked them earlier. It's a real pity.

I should have asked instead what their uptime is like and whether people host anything important with them. Probably not, as many people call them the developer's playground.