Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Malwarebytes offers pirates amnesty, free license keys for premium MBAM product - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Malwarebytes offers pirates amnesty, free license keys for premium MBAM product

2»

Comments

• kendidkendid Veteran

Its only in the illegally occupied area of Crimea and the Russian controlled Donetsk regions that are lawless...

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • varwwwvarwww Member
    edited July 2015

@UrDN said:
    I used to think so too, but I've proved myself wrong. However you need to acquire some sort of art of teaching things right.

You seem like the sort of guy who wants to say fuck you to USA and host all the assholes to prove America that DMCA, spamhaus and the rest don't apply on your network and country. Hating on a good piece of software caus it uses the spamhaus database...I know you hate windows too... :D

• UrDNUrDN Member

TarZZ92 said: Considering Ukraine is lawless. i would trust spamhaus/

Not only you're naive, you're also ignorant. This is probably why you need the assistance of an obscure program to check what you're running on your system.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2015

UrDN said: Not only you're naive, you're also ignorant. This is probably why you need the assistance of an obscure program to check what you're running on your system.

lmfao (i actually did laugh after reading that)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

varwww said: You seem like the sort of guy who wants to say fuck you to USA and host all the assholes to prove America that DMCA, spamhaus and the rest don't apply on your network and country. Just hating on a good piece of software caus it uses the spamhaus database.

-->

Datacenter/Hosting premise in Kiev (Ukraine).

Most of our offers can be adjusted.
    We are always present on site and can answer to inquiries and support almost 24/7.
    Strong commitment in protecting privacy and network neutrality. No tolerance to censorship.
    We are IPv6 ready.
    Scam and spam will be terminated.

A lot of people dislike spamhaus, surveillance, censorship and closed source. :)

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

@UrDN ur site is blocked by Malwarebytes :P

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • adxn said: @UrDN ur site is blocked by Malwarebytes :P

hahahahahahahaha that explains why he is pissed off then

• UrDNUrDN Member

varwww said: You seem like the sort of guy who wants to say fuck you to USA and host all the assholes to prove America that DMCA

I'm trying to be more mature than saying "fuck" to people. A lot of trash appeared on our network after spamhaus advertised us, there used to be a period when we received messages like "hey, I've found you on spamhaus, how much can I pay you so you dont shut down my website" at least once a day. Nevertheless I don't recall any moment when spamh would have been emitted from our network.

varwww said: spamhaus and the rest don't apply on your network and country

Indeed they don't, since when are they the authority that regulates content on the Internet? In what country is spamhaus an authority? And why if Ukraine is so bad, 80% of spams which I receive is from US networks?

varwww said: Hating on a good piece of software caus it uses the spamhaus database...

How can you demonstrate that it's a good piece of software? How do you study this software?

varwww said: I know you hate windows too... :D

I don't hate anything, I hope I can make more elaborated reasoning than that.

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited July 2015

TarZZ92 said: hahahahahahahaha that explains why he is pissed off then

There are many so called antivirus that aren't blocking our pages and that does not make me like them better. I am also not "pissed off".

When it comes to Malwarebytes I know that it is specifically bad because I have had experience with it, just like spamhaus.

• varwwwvarwww Member

@UrDN said:
    How can you demonstrate that it's a good piece of software? How do you study this software?

Mbam helped me clean up a lot of infected slow Windows PC's (having rootkits, backdoors, trojans, keyloggers) in the past from my friends, family and relatives devices. Most of them are not tech savvy ending up downloading crap. There were a few false positives now and then but I could whitelist them. Unlike other antivirus' which upload the detected files without your permission, mbam has an option to disable uploads to their servers (if you care about your privacy). You don't have to be running it all the time like other antivirus. The Malicious Website Protection crap was introduced in version 2. Versions prior to that did not have that feature. It can be turned off. Obviously like other closed sourced/proprietory applications, you can't exactly study this software but you could reverse engineer and sniff packets if you have the skills.

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited July 2015

@varwww said:
    Mbam helped me clean up a lot of infected slow Windows PC's (having rootkits, backdoors, trojans, keyloggers) in the past from my friends, family and relatives devices.

It is very possible that it can detect a lot of things, but because of the type of system it runs and simply because the system was compromised anyway you can't be sure that you have totally removed the "malware". Furthemore before yesterday someone asked me for help and I had to remove the Malwarebytes and Avast because the two were protecting file systems which had been modified by a malware.

Also I can tell that it's a kid game to bypass them all without having to write specific code for each of them.

As I've written in a previous post, I've found that it's possible to teach ignorants how to prevent such issues even if they have no skills.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

MBAM is actually very decent, not bad at all. I had reservations about this application many years ago when it was still written in Visual Basic (at least the GUI; unsure if all components were done in VB, or only the GUI). I normally don't run any A/V but I grabbed a copy of the latest MBAM and will use it. MWP disabled, though.

Memory footprint looks okay, when I'm scanning — 250,000 objects into it, out of 304,774 in total, the usage is around 260MB and kept almost a constant 25% CPU usage.

Good clean-looking interface as well.

• Does anyone have one of these premium extra keys lying around? Reinstalled Windows and lost my generated keys.

• @UrDN said:
    As I've written in a previous post, I've found that it's possible to teach ignorants how to prevent such issues even if they have no skills.

Did you want another lolly?