Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Systems LTD - A complaint.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Systems LTD - A complaint.

coloradovpscoloradovps Member
edited July 2015 in General

Word of caution - IP Systems LTD does not appear to be provisioning new servers (even after payment) and is not responding to support tickets. I have no reason to suspect that they are still operating.

• I placed an order for a VPS from them on 6/28.
  • I paid for my order immediately
  • I have received no additional info from them since this time (e.g: Thank you for your payment, your server will be available in "x" days)
  • I have received no response to a support ticket that I filled asking for a status update

I realize that this is a budget provider and my expectations for support are low, however I do expect the server that I paid for to be provided to me in a reasonable amount of time.

I don't feel that my expectations are unreasonable and I feel that I have waited an acceptable amount of time to hear something back so I'll be filling a paypal dispute this morning. I am providing this information to the forum as a word of caution for anyone considering this service

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have a few questions.

With all the readily available bad reviews, bad history of involved people would you buy from them to begin with?

Why would you buy from a host that cant even be bothered to update their logo in the billing system?

The rep was last active here on the 25th @johnkoozle

• @AnthonySmith said:
    With all the readily available bad reviews, bad history of involved people would you buy from them to begin with?

.... $1/mo for the specs that they advertise is tough to beat, I guess I got caught up in the offer and didn't do my homework. Lesson learned!

• akzakz Member
    edited July 2015

aka greed over logic. at least OP admitted to it.

• Srsly, how do you think a 256mb vps with 2ipv4 for $3.5 per year would work? Its disgusting to see you'd bite those kind of offers..... I homestly think you deserved every bit of it...

edited July 2015

just file a paypal dispute, you will probably not win if they respond but at this stage you lost your $1 anyway, might as well make them do something to keep it.

• @Epidrive said:
    Srsly, how do you think a 256mb vps with 2ipv4 for $3.5 per year would work? Its disgusting to see you'd bite those kind of offers..... I homestly think you deserved every bit of it...

Wow, brutal crowd.

Even though I made a mistake by choosing a provider with mixed reviews (at best) I suppose I would have been better off not posting about my experience and providing this warning?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    just file a paypal dispute, you will probably not win if they respond but at this stage you lost your $1 anyway, might as well make them do something to keep it.

Done. Thanks!

• My vps is still going strong (touch wood).
    Had it for over 6 months so if it went pop now it'd still be a good deal at approx $2 pm for 1GB RAM 15GB disk 6 IP4s etc

• down June 12,down June 20 ,down july 2,and more downtime .........

• akzakz Member

@coloradovps said:
    Even though I made a mistake by choosing a provider with mixed reviews (at best) I suppose I would have been better off not posting about my experience and providing this warning?

but the other warnings did not help you so why would your warning effectively deter others?

• @akz said:
    but the other warnings did not help you so why would your warning effectively deter others?

It probably wouldn't, but I do think part of the problem is that searching for "ipsystemsltd" does yield some positive results as well as negative. For someone fairly new to this (like myself) its hard to sift through all of the comments and decide who to trust... For $1/month I figured it was worth a shot and it turns out I made a mistake.

I wonder if there isn't a better way to categorize provider reviews? I think that dslreports does a great job of this with their provider scorecards (based on customer feedback)
    http://www.dslreports.com/reviews

I am bracing myself for the incoming "if you're to lazy to read every post you deserved what you got" comments however I am offering this as a genuine suggestion as something that I think would have helped me and could potentially help others.

• I do not think its fair to say its shutting down just because you havent got your order processed in 4-5 days.

I've signed up with a provider that took 1 1/2 weeks to provision me.. they are still going strong.

JoeMerit said: I do not think its fair to say its shutting down just because you havent got your order processed in 4-5 days.

Same here if the ipsystemsltd rep wants to chip in I am happy to change it though.

• @JoeMerit said:
    I do not think its fair to say its shutting down just because you havent got your order processed in 4-5 days.

Though he did say "I have received no response to a support ticket that I filled asking for a status update".

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Probably another case where the billing system didn't autoprovision the server and their support is too dumb to look into any tickets.

• Do they have any support? I always had the impression it was a one man band...

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited July 2015

Here's the obvious thought -- they are closing down because THEY CANT GET ANY MORE IPS FROM ARIN -- the whole reason they started up was to HORDE and STEAL IP's -- now that they cant get anymore, you think they give a shit about your $2 VPS?

Fuck no.

They are off to sell the IP blocks they horded, stole, and lied to get.

Good job supporting the scum by being their customer and paying them profit in the beginning just so they can cash out huge profit now.

GOOD GAME.

• akzakz Member

@coloradovps said:
    I am bracing myself for the incoming "if you're to lazy to read every post you deserved what you got" comments however I am offering this as a genuine suggestion as something that I think would have helped me and could potentially help others.

true, as someone new looking in it would be difficult. I myself fell for CVPS when I first started heh. But I still should of known better; if its too good to be true it often is one way or another.

• LESLES Member

AnthonySmith said: The rep was last active here on the 25th @johnkoozle

I've looked into my referrals and all signups since 25/06/2015 are on status "pending"

LES said: I've looked into my referrals and all signups since 25/06/2015 are on status "pending"

How many is that (PM if you would rather not say in public, it could help paint a bigger picture)

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

vps down..please look tk!!!

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited July 2015

root@xxx:~# uptime
    11:48:01 up 62 days, 21:36, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.06, 0.02

Works like a charm! :)

• root@DAL-1:~# uptime
    12:18:48 up 37 days, 17:07, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    root@DAL-1:~#

I rebooted it last. Is one of my most used VPSes in testing.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Here's the obvious thought -- they are closing down because THEY CANT GET ANY MORE IPS FROM ARIN -- the whole reason they started up was to HORDE and STEAL IP's -- now that they cant get anymore, you think they give a shit about your $2 VPS?

Fuck no.

They are off to sell the IP blocks they horded, stole, and lied to get.

Good job supporting the scum by being their customer and paying them profit in the beginning just so they can cash out huge profit now.

GOOD GAME.

This is a real question and not a provocation,
    I'm just trying to learn how to use a vps and hoe this market works.

what is the difference between the strategy and goals of ipsystemsltd and xvmlabs?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Epidrive said: Srsly, how do you think a 256mb vps with 2ipv4 for $3.5 per year would work? Its disgusting to see you'd bite those kind of offers..... I homestly think you deserved every bit of it...

With only a slightly different perspective I could say the same thing about your offers...

@coloradovps - ipsystems has stated here that their customers should expect no support and as @ItsChrisG said they seem to be just an IP grab and make no bones about it. Thank you for the update on them as it has been a while since there has been a thread about them so IMO you were right to post one.

• they're not deal yet, even though it is going down everyday.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 185.629 s, 5.8 MB/s

• 279183360 bytes (279 MB) copied, 28.4701 s, 9.8 MB/s

• 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.27081 s, 845 MB/s

• victorqdvictorqd Member
    edited July 2015

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.38991 s, 773 MB/s

• All orders provisioned. There was a back order of 100 VPS

Thanked by 1LES
This discussion has been closed.