Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal Intangible Items Covered By Buyers Protection? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal Intangible Items Covered By Buyers Protection?

2»

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

4n0nx said: IBAN transfer

If you in EU, but if outside this will cost a lot

TheOnlyDK said: TheOnlyDK

Perfect Money can replace PayPal if they become more popular.They also peering with other payments systems so easy exchange from one currency to other They also have Bitcoin wallet inside

• @fitvpn you know that's risky to keep any money with perfect money since it can die whenever something happens. I'm personally lost some money from liberty reserve (was main competitor to perfect money)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

alexvolk said: alexvolk

Yes I know, but guess Perfect Money other story

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

heh LibertyReserve... good times.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

HBAndrei said: heh LibertyReserve... good times.

They been registered in Costa Rica than owner arrested by US request in Spain

Perfect Money other story. They registered in Hong Kong China Offshore location

• I can only advise NOT to use Paypal as a payment method for digital goods. They ONLY cover buyers apparently, NOT sellers! They didn't make that one too clear did they! I've just fallen victim to it. Looking at other forums I see countless others have too.

DON'T use Paypal for selling intengibles unless you're happy to have NO COVER AT ALL.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Yeah, all the points @AnthonySmith brought up are actually invalid. Fraud will rise a lot.

• Is there a possibility that paypal is already dealing with a lot of fraud and this is a much simpler way of dealing with the problem than defending a decision not to allow selective digital goods to be sold through paypal? Basically it increases the onus on the service provider to know your customer and probably covers more than one market.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tr1cky said: Yeah, all the points @AnthonySmith brought up are actually invalid. Fraud will rise a lot.

And I also take it back, its been claim city since this started, lucky for me for some reason pp consider my account to be VIP so they have protected every single reversal for me so far but that means the customer go the money too which will make things worse in the long run.

I have a bad habit of expecting people to be honest... better call Saul!

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

AnthonySmith said: I have a bad habit of expecting people to be honest... better call Saul!

So true. :(

I can say, it's seem they have more work. They take much longer to solve issue right now.