Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laptop with broken screen! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Laptop with broken screen!

2»

Comments

• raysmta said: will this work with a bootable USB?

Yes, and a bootable CD like I told you before

• @raysmta said:
    Lol isn't there seriously a way to take out the HDD plug it into the PC and install this Linux thing. :(
    If there is please tell me a step-by-step guide on how to do it and install Linux.

1. Yes - that question has already been answered ad infinitum

2. GOOGLE it

• Have you tried booting to a USB device? It may already be set to boot to USB or CDROM without changing BIOS settings.

• @raysmta Is there some reason why you don't really want to install Linux on this laptop? I'm just curious why you don't do what I suggest. I've spent more time answering your question than it would have taken me to do the work if I was there. This thread could go on forever if you ignore what is said.

• @Ole_Juul Any person who was interested could do that already but instead he asking free vps.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • this was just a bullshit thread to make it look like he was seriously interested in 'learning linux'..

with the specs he asked for in the other thread he has something in mind that he wants to run and doesn't want to share what that is.

• raysmtaraysmta Member
    edited July 2015

Alright I put my HDD into my PC and have started installing Ubuntu through a bootable USB will I be able to load the HDD once installation is finished on my pc and move to laptop?

• SadySady Member

@raysmta said:
    Alright I put my HDD into my PC and have started installing Ubuntu through a bootable USB will I be able to load the HDD once installation is finished on my pc and move to laptop?

Yap

• Alright thanks guys,

I have installed Ubuntu Server 14.04 perfectly and it all works,

But I have one question, I have RAM of 4 GB and this is what it displays, so where exactly

is that RAM as it displays 4 GB as Virtual Memory, but I want to use it, won't it be in Real
    Memory?

http://i.imgur.com/GVYfu7V.png

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

raysmta said: But I have one question, I have RAM of 4 GB and this is what it displays, so where exactly

But.. your first post reads 2GB .. like in the picture..

• But in total my RAM is 4 GB, I know it.

• Alright sorry it was 2GB my mistake.