Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psychz as a VPS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Psychz as a VPS provider

I was looking around earlier this month and have found a few companies run by Psychz, but I am worried about them. They have mixed reviews and a seemingly low amount of people trust them due to their sometimes wild and unprofessional nature reported in the past.

Despite that I'd like to see if anyone here has used any services distributed by Psychz, Inc. or heard anything about them (good or bad). Would any of you recommend Psychz, or would you suggest that I look elsewhere?

I'm looking for a VPS provider for my forum and I want to make sure I'm not getting into something that later on I will regret.

Comments

• Check out this recent thread about them - someone else had the same question just under a month ago. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/54045/psychz-photonvps-any-news-on-them

Hope this helps!

• @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Check out this recent thread about them - someone else had the same question just under a month ago. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/54045/psychz-photonvps-any-news-on-them

Hope this helps!

Ah. I see. But that thread seems to be filled with arguments, so I would like some real feedback here, if possible. :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

They are fine. Not great, not bad.

• AdamSAdamS Member

I've been using Psychz for a few years now, they're great. They're extremely flexible and really give you great support.

As for reliability, here's a server that I got in their new Dallas datacenter:
    root@Dallas:~# uptime
    01:55:31 up 201 days, 10:35, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.15, 0.16
    root@Dallas:~#

• i used pzychz like 8 years ago for shell (irc, bnc, etc) hosting, was ok, price decent.

right now hasnt used it.

• If they are the owners of yardvps they are a joke.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

We colocation in Dallas with them quite good till now.

inthecloudblog said: If they are the owners of yardvps they are a joke.

Yes, they are. Care to elaborate a bit?

• KaiKai Member

@inthecloudblog said:
    If they are the owners of yardvps they are a joke.

yes do elaborate plz

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

@inthecloudblog said:
    If they are the owners of yardvps they are a joke.

YardVPS is our unmanaged brand...

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

PhotonVPS said: YardVPS is our unmanaged brand...

You claim semi-management in your signature, though. And in the site, actually.

We changed to Semi-managed recently.

• Psychz is shit and provides hosting for spammers

We had issues with abuse in the past, however we've cleaned up since then.

• Thanks for all the replies guys! :D

@Nyr said:
    They are fine. Not great, not bad.

Would you recommend them?

@PhotonVPS said:
    We had issues with abuse in the past, however we've cleaned up since then.

How can customers be assured that the actions that happened in the past won't reoccur?

Dark_Soul said: Would you recommend them?

Unlikely, but that's because there are plenty of options in the LA market, not because they suck.

@Dark_Soul said:
    How can customers be assured that the actions that happened in the past won't reoccur?

We deal with abuse fairly quickly now and terminate clients after repeated abuse. Many clients get hacked/compromised so we try to give them a few chances, however if they're just spamming/hosting malware we just terminate.

@Nyr said:
    Unlikely, but that's because there are plenty of options in the LA market, not because they suck.

Most people come to us for on-premise DDoS mitigation now.

• KaiKai Member

@PhotonVPS said:
    We deal with abuse fairly quickly now and terminate clients after repeated abuse. Many clients get hacked/compromised so we try to give them a few chances, however if they're just spamming/hosting malware we just terminate.

Hey Psychz, I can understand giving them chances but if they are causing adverse reactions(Hacked or compromised or not), a few chances sounds like a few too many especially if it has adverse effects on other clients.

@Kai said:

I didn't state how many chances for obvious reasons...

• edited July 2015

Downtime . IIRC they were with multacom back then.
    They even didn't cut loose my pal s account even though he stopped paying . that went on for several months.
    They did not even reply to tickets now that I recall. There was a guy Jim or something.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Downtime . IIRC they were with multacom back then.
    They even didn't cut loose my pal s account even though he stopped paying . that went on for several months.
    They did not even reply to tickets now that I recall. There was a guy Jim or something.

>
    Oh wow that definitely makes me nervous to hear they werent responding to tickets as they should.

We've always replied to tickets, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

• @PhotonVPS said:
    We've always replied to tickets, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

How soon will east coast be coming?

• Had a VPS with them around a year ago - Quality (BW/Network and IO) was extremely bad. DId not renew.

East coast is currently to come online at the end of Q4.

@William said:
    Had a VPS with them around a year ago - Quality (BW/Network and IO) was extremely bad. DId not renew.

You might have been on our OnApp setup which we had several issues with, if you want to try us again toss me a PM and I'll give you a free month.