Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ip whitelisting.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ip whitelisting.

I just setup my vps with powemta on. rdns dkim. but i dont know how to do whitelisting anyone know how to please share with me your exprerinces

Comments

• @TheGreenMY said:
    I just setup my vps with powemta on. rdns dkim. but i dont know how to do whitelisting anyone know how to please share with me your exprerinces

don't tell me you are the person wanting to spam everyone?
    as you do know I don't care that you think mass email spamming is legal it isn't
    you cannot whitelist your ip's from any blacklist as they don't allow any whitelisting for spamming or "marketing" purposes which is a simple way to get around the fact it is really considered spam.
    so the answer to your question is no.
    they will not whitelist nothing for any spamming or "marketing" reasons.

Thanked by 1NeoXiD
  • hmm.. do you have any sugesstion mr timboys.

• @TheGreenMY said:
    hmm.. do you have any sugesstion mr timboys.

yes it is called give up on your "mass mailing" or "mass marketing" strategy as that will land you up on blacklists plus it will have you kicked from any provider plus like I said most email systems use rbl's to scan incoming mail and will report back to the rbl automatically if it is spam and have the ip blacklisted automatically as that what happened when I used zimbra and forgot to lock it down.
    I got blacklist emails all across my email with blacklist monitors saying you have been listed on such and such blacklist.
    so honestly you won't get anywhere.

Thanked by 1NeoXiD
  • No spam plz.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Please don't be sending spam >.>

• iptables -A OUTPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 25 -j DROP

On the sending mta would probably stop it ending up on spam blacklists :p

• @dragon2611 said:
    iptables -A OUTPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 25 -j DROP

On the sending mta would probably stop it ending up on spam blacklists :p

please I wish it was this easy.
    but mass "marketing" or spam as I call it is illegal and is considered spam no matter how you spin it around.

• dragon2611 said: iptables -A OUTPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 25 -j DROP

Tested and it's working. Oh my god. Nothing goes into spam box. You're a genius

• @timnboys said:
    but mass "marketing" or spam as I call it is illegal and is considered spam no matter how you spin it around.

It was a joke (All be it probably a bad one) had the Op actually run that IP tables rule on the server running the MTA it would have probably stopped him ending up on spam blacklists due to any outgoing SMTP connctions would have been dropped.

With the added bonus they could send as much SPAM as they like via that MTA it would all end up going nowhere.