Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Telia everywhere, why?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Telia everywhere, why?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited October 2012 in General

Seeing lots of Telia appearing all over the place in our traceroutes.

Seems to be in the last 3 months.

Is Telia doing some aggressive promotions or something? Providers seem to really mixing Telia into upstreams heavily.

So far, Telia in my experience has been very good and speedy every place we use them.

Anyone have any idea why the big move to Telia lately?

Comments

• Why moan if it is good

• I am not moaning :)

Curious if Telia is running crazy deep discounts on commits or what. Know HE and Cogent are notorious for that and why we see them all over the place. Wondering if this is more of the same.

• They aren't cheap but not expensive either. More level3 pricing vs. he/cogent but can get down to under $10/mbps on a gigE.

The nice thing about them is their global ip product- same price in any geo. And their network is good, especially to the eu.

• Surprised at the around $10/mbps level. Was thinking they'd be knocking it way down now or something. Maybe they are.

• Telia is on par with most other performance tier 1 carriers. They don't have a network as large as Level3 for example, but Telia is still considered a high quality transit network.

There is no comparison between Cogent/HE and Telia. And Telia is much more expensive.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Cuz everyone is starting to find out that Colocrossing is the best and they use it ;-)

• $10 is for under a 500mbps commit, burstable

Sub-$10 can be had on higher commits. What Ive noticed is that for those who need to push the bandwidth they will get aggressive on 10ge. Not your cogent/he $0.50-.80/mbps but sub $5 - seems like people have been adding them into the mix more because of this

• @CVPS_Chris,

You are a hoot! Big brass balls there fellow.

Yeah, Colocrossing is good.

Inquiring minds want to know how tightly wound CVPS and Colocrossing are (mind you I am one of your customers and use Colocrossing via other resellers too).

I am best friends with someone that works for Colocrossing. We are all from same town and know each other and have for a long time

• Boy I tell you @CVPS_Chris, you don't even work for Colocrossing? The rumor mill may have been spreading that mistruth for too long.

Whatever the secret sauce, you folks are cooking @ CVPS with high octane. Good service, good bandwidth, fast on the tickets. Most stable VPS we've had.

• @CVPS_Chris said: I am best friends with someone that works for Colocrossing. We are all from same town and know each other and have for a long time

you worked at colocrossing before lol.

@pubcrawler said: Boy I tell you @CVPS_Chris, you don't even work for Colocrossing? The rumor mill may have been spreading that mistruth for too long.

@pubcrawler , thanks for the kind words, its what keeps us going over here.

Yeah I tried to fight it but people want to think what they want so Ill let them. I know what the truth is and thats all that matters right?

• his right hand man is working at CC as a manager ;)

@Randy said: you worked at colocrossing before lol.

Not officially, was never on payroll.

• lol, but your right hand man does :) hehehe

what does he have to do with anything? He worked for me first, and they were in need of someone. I suggested him, end of story.

• nothing at all, i am just saying :)

• and honestly, @jshinkle is probably one of the best guys for the job!

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said: and honestly, @jshinkle is probably one of the best guys for the job!

A gentleman and a scholar.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • Your kind words bring tears of joy to my eyes! @Nick_A @HalfEatenPie

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie Nick_A
  • @jshinkle @Nick_A: Pip Pip! Cherios!

• And another thread gets derailed :)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @Boltersdriveer said: thread gets derailed :)

That's change I can believe in.

• Well bringing it back on topic ;)

So far a ton of my routing on different servers have also been through telia.

Cogent -> ntt.net -> Telia.

• Mainly also because HE uses Telia.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @William, is the HE heavy use of Telia new or recent? Has to be.

Wonder if that is some sign of weakness/business change for HE?

• They use it a bit more now, but no sign of anything - just more routes prefer it due to end-user connections in Europe.

• Seeing way more in the US actually. See some of it in Europe, but have limited servers over there.

• unusedunused Member
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler said: Wonder if that is some sign of weakness/business change for HE?

Nah, if anything he.net is expanding/growing. What is annoying is that more and more he traffic is dumped to exchanges w/o regard to geo