Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone want to start a VPS company? (I'll cover all expenses) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone want to start a VPS company? (I'll cover all expenses)

2»

Comments

• anyone else think this one would be a deadpool real fast and also think they violated the rules probably posting something that won't happen lol(you know they give whatever and he takes it and run and tries to scam someone else lol) by the way I am just going to let the mods decide the outcome of this "newbie"'s fade lol @Jcaleb @AnthonySmith @spirit @mikho @mpkossen

• LANCE COUNT ME IN!

• petrispetris Member

@timnboys said:
    anyone else think this one would be a deadpool real fast and also think they violated the rules probably posting something that won't happen lol(you know they give whatever and he takes it and run and tries to scam someone else lol) by the way I am just going to let the mods decide the outcome of this "newbie"'s fade lol Jcaleb AnthonySmith spirit mikho mpkossen

You know there's a flag button... Mods get angry when you tag all of them.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@skripxx where do you live? Some people might be more interested in dealing with somebody local. Thanks.

• KuJoe said: @skripxx where do you live? Some people might be more interested in dealing with somebody local. Thanks.

I'd love to deal with someone in Coalmont. We're not really much of a tech centre though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Ole_Juul said: We're not really much of a tech centre though.

Still...some places are only Plant Hardiness 2.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • Contact @BharatB for this business plan.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • skripxx said: I am not talking about you buy a template for 10$ and run this company.. I'm not stupid.

8 years at VMware and 12 years in hosting, can't get $USD right but puts it as USD$

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited June 2015

doughmanes said: 8 years at VMware and 12 years in hosting, can't get $USD right but puts it as USD$

Good thing I kept my mouth shut. I might have said the same thing. But:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar

You're right though, 10$ is very strange. He wouldn't even have seen that somewhere else.

• BruceBruce Member

very simple offer guys. he's offering someone a job in sales/admin. commission only - 50% of all sales

• @doughmanes said:
    8 years at VMware and 12 years in hosting, can't get $USD right but puts it as USD$

Nah,

It should be either USD 10 or US $10 if we take $10 as an example :P

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Lol, just lol.

• cassacassa Member

Sure, I'll send you a list of the costs in some hours

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

There have been a few reports/flag's for this post, I am not going to moderate it it and instead trust people will use common sense.

Thanked by 1Termiet
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

AnthonySmith said: and instead trust people will use common sense.

Heh.

• On the surface it seems like what @skripxx is offering is a practical partnership with division of skills. I'm no expert on the VPN business, but from having spent quite a lot of time looking at different VPN companies, it seems to me that there are more jobs than a server guy and a salesman/web developer can do. Who's going to design the security and business models? Who's going to research and support the legal side? I don't want to put a wet blanket on somebody's inspiration, but it seems to me like the OP hasn't really thought this through.

• Yes, let's the popcorn-party start ..

• QuintenQuinten Member
    edited June 2015

raindog308 said: So if I buy a $10 web site template and sign up for twitter, you provide 2000 servers and I get half the revenue.

I like this proposal.

Microlinux said: I'm fairly certain the OP is sitting back laughing while the bait gets taken.

/thread

• LeeLee Veteran

Someone done something very similar to this on WHT a couple of years ago, it was very interesting all the names that applied and the information that was exchanged and then passed about by the person that did it.

People like cd/home and a few others over there gave all sorts of great info that completely contradicted their existence on WHT as a provider.

So yeah, just beware, could be the same person doing it again here. If it is, PM me all you get :)

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited June 2015

@BharatB is a good choice for a partner..

The guy is enthusiastic and will bend over backwards to get the business to do well..

If this is a genuine thing, kindly check him out

• So cd/home was actually working for which company? EuroVPS?

Lee said: People like cd/home and a few others over there gave all sorts of great info that completely contradicted their existence on WHT as a provider.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

joepie91 said: AnthonySmith said: and instead trust people will use common sense.

Heh.

Well let me re-phrase that, if people do not apply common sense that is on them, it is not my place to moderate that sort of thing, I will start feeling it is my place to moderate that when one of the priorities of the LE Network/CC is to start looking after the best interests of end users.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@ez2uk said:
    @TheKiller said:

Was that sarcasm by any chance?

• LeeLee Veteran

@JoeBiss said:
    So cd/home was actually working for which company? EuroVPS?

He owned/owns http://leaphost.net

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@skripxx said:

1) Why did you choose LET for presenting your venture ?

2) If you're generous enough to share 50/50 revenue ( which will take atleast 2 years or so ) why don't you hire sys admins to get your stuff started and take 100/100 ?

3) What qualities / what kind of person do you think is qualified to be your partner ?

4) Where do you live ? What is your capacity to scale with growing demand ?

5) Are you able to sustain loss for atleast 2 years without giving up ?

6) Why should your partner be on the front end ? What if you swindle funds and make a run for it ? What guarantee does your partner have that you just fly overnight ?

Many many questions come like these mentioned above which need to be answered in total honesty for a person to even think.

• @BharatB said:

Not really, just thought you might be interested in this venture (in case OP is not trolling).

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member

BharatB said: Was that sarcasm by any chance?

No..