Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Recommendations needed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Recommendations needed

2»

Comments

• Indeed they are, also try @dediserve. They are amazing. Though their website doesn't mention managed support, I saw a post at wht where someone mentioned managed support offered by them.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

How big is your site?
    Maybe you're better off getting hosting from invisionpower themselves:

https://www.invisionpower.com/buy

• KaiKai Member

@tr1cky said:
    How big is your site?
    Maybe you're better off getting hosting from invisionpower themselves:

https://www.invisionpower.com/buy

I don't like IPS hosting as it is a bit more restrictive(they calculate based on how many visitors you have on your site) and you can get a VPS and the freedom to host wherever and whatever you wish for the same price without those restrictions,

• @Kai, maybe you can define, "managed"... that might help a little bit. What tasks do you expect your provider to do for you and what tasks do you expect to do for yourself?

• KaiKai Member

My idea of management would be
    1. Securing the server
    2. Setting up the OS and all that BS
    3. Setting up Cpanel
    4. Installing/Configuring litespeed
    5. Migrating me over

I generally usually don't NEED support aftwards unless something is going on with the server as in it is not loading properly or at all> @doverland said:

Kai, maybe you can define, "managed"... that might help a little bit. What tasks do you expect your provider to do for you and what tasks do you expect to do for yourself?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

Kai said: My idea of management would be 1. Securing the server 2. Setting up the OS and all that BS 3. Setting up Cpanel 4. Installing/Configuring litespeed 5. Migrating me over

I generally usually don't NEED support aftwards unless something is going on with the server as in it is not loading properly or at all

Then you should be fine with hiring someone for a one-time job, as others said. It'll be much cheaper and better for you (in terms of service) when you find a good worker.

If you still want to get managed service, make sure to ask regarding the litespeed setup - other than that, any host should do what you're asking for.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

We (Luna Node) provide server management services at $60/hour billed in fifteen-minute increments, and are also able to provide a cPanel license for $16/mo in our Montreal location (a 2 GB instance would be $10/mo). Basic OS installation, cPanel setup, and LiteSpeed web server installation and integration with cPanel won't be a problem; we can migrate existing sites either via cPanel account transfer or manually. This initial setup should take 45 minutes to 1h15, but possibly longer depending on the migration method and additional desired configuration in the OS.

You can have us set up monitoring on your server so that we automatically intervene on your server if a service fails.

Contact [email protected] for more details.

Thanked by 1Kai
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

allenfan said: Hi Kai, We can offer you US vps in our own dc,if you have interest,pm me,please.

What DC do you own?

• KaiKai Member

@Traffic said:
    If you still want to get managed service, make sure to ask regarding the litespeed setup - other than that, any host should do what you're asking for.

That's true and I am strongly considering that. I am just one of those types of people who like it all inclusive. I like to know my management comes from the same team of people who also sell the product I am buying and if necessary, I can yell at them(not that I would) vs a 3rd party person who may or may not be around at 3 am if I need them.