Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TechieVPS / VPS.net Accounts (2) for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TechieVPS / VPS.net Accounts (2) for sale

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited October 2012 in Offers

We have two accounts from TechieVPS which we are going to part with.

TechieVPS is a subsidiary of VPS.net (a big worldwide VPS provider). Their VPS offers are not lowend in any way (actually rather expensive). That's why TechieVPS' offers were such a deal.

600Mb/1.2GB Burst, 10GB HDD with 1TB - $5.95/mo

They are going to honor that under their VPS.net brand and likely will be free upgraded to a larger common plan (i.e 752MB RAM, 20GB HDD, 2TB) which is a $38/mo plan. Their least costly plan is $20 a month, so these should prove to be a good value to someone familiar with VPS.net.

If interested contact me via private message to discuss.

Comments

• jhjh Member

Can you PM me a dd test and /proc/cpuinfo?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

TechieVPS was the crappiest service ever (oversold and unstable); what you would be buying here is basically a gamble if they are going to honour the specs/price match promise, or not.
    And considering that migration of my account to VPS.net was supposed to happen exactly one month ago (as per date given by them in my ticket), and still NOTHING has been done, I wouldn't count on that too much.

• We haven't had any real issue with TechieVPS. Unsure if lucky on the node we were on or what.

As far as the migration of account, VPS.net has sent me the emails about the migration. That will be fresh new accounts and new VPS on other platform which is Xen based instead.

I guarantee the offer is valid and won't be an issue. Won't accept a dollar from anyone until everything is finalized and on their new platform.

• The location is anywhere VPS.net offers service. Should include their more costlier locations as well since locations we used were Tokyo and London. Believe Tokyo is a more pricier area in their VPS.net offers.

Go here to see their locations:
    http://vps.net/location/

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@pubcrawler said: As far as the migration of account, VPS.net has sent me the emails about the migration. That will be fresh new accounts and new VPS on other platform which is Xen based instead.

Yeah they sent me that too. I contacted them via ticket that I am ready to begin the migration, they said "okay, we're scheduling this Monday for you", and that was it. One month has passed since that monday.

@pubcrawler also I wonder if you have the permission to sell your accounts from the provider; or do you expect to just give the buyer your login/password and walk away?

• I wanna take one if the loaction is tokyo

pls let me know howto transfer your vps to me

thanks

Thanked by 1pubcrawler
  • One down going to @ynzheng tentatively.

One left.

• I'll take the other one :)