Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Object storage w/o request/transfer fee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Object storage w/o request/transfer fee

I'm looking for object storage without request and transfer fee.

So far I've found only one: http://scaleway.com

Do you guys know any other?

Thanks.

Comments

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

Is there an EU location with this? I don't care if the data gets replicated to the US. Just want to know if I upload data from the UK does it goes to a DC in the EU or in US. My upload speeds haven't been great to Atlanta.

• @rmlhhd - Not with Delimiter's offering at this time. When there is demand they will add other locations.

I am UK based and have uploaded to their object, I was getting 9-12MB/s (72-96Mbps)

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited June 2015

@MarkTurner you seem to charge for additional bandwidth when I requested without that fee.

Anyways how much per Tb ?

• alexvolk said: ou seem to charge for additional bandwidth when I requested without that fee.

Do you mean on the object storage order form?

The pricing is here, slide it up and you'll see that the per TB price drops as it increases. Delimiter's model is disk + bandwidth combined rather than separate prices for each element

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/objspace/

• dont use scaleway or runabove
    i was trying to do that for my audio streaming apps, object storage isnt that efficient unless your just dropping backups there

( i tryed dreamhost, runabove and scaleway)

• a7medo778 said: object storage isnt that efficient

Which part did you find was not efficient?

• @MarkTurner Delimiter's Object Storage is located on Atlanta or i can choose? I'm planning to deliver content to brazilians users and I would need something reliable.

• @epilif09 - the launch site is Atlanta, we have the option to offer it in LA, NY, London, Amsterdam and Stockholm. It comes down to demand. Looking at current demand next rollout will be in LA.

The object store service works with virtually all S3 applications, so you can do things like auto Wordpress backup, Wordpress offload of media/static content and so on.

• Great! Thanks, Mark. I'll surely order it for testing on the next few days.

MarkTurner said: @epilif09 - the launch site is Atlanta, we have the option to offer it in LA, NY, London, Amsterdam and Stockholm. It comes down to demand. Looking at current demand next rollout will be in LA.