Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Recommendations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Recommendations?

Was thinking about getting a SYS for my large files/main sites. And a smaller VPS for my lesser used things.

Anyway Would I be better off waiting for an Intel Xeon E3 1225v2 as opposed to an Intel Xeon W3520 ?

I can get an E3-SAT-1 in France, But I could get an SYS-IP-2 in Canada. Was really hoping to get one in Canada.

But I do have clients in both NA and Europe.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

hyelton said: Anyway Would I be better off waiting for an Intel Xeon E3 1225v2 as opposed to an Intel Xeon W3520 ?

Going to have to give a bit more info around what is expected of it for us to know.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • DH22DH22 Member

For SoYouStart I'd definitely get the W3520 because it has ECC RAM. I personally probably wouldn't use SYS for anything too important though.

• @DH22 said:
    For SoYouStart I'd definitely get the W3520 because it has ECC RAM. I personally probably wouldn't use SYS for anything too important though.

Any reason why not? I will be using 30TB + of BW a month, and have about 800GB`s of files.

• @Lee said:

Mostly just small scripts/Directory listing scripts. And large amounts of downloads.

And a few Wordpress sites.

• xeon 1245 - the most popular (I have more than 500 active servers in OVH different tariff)

also i7 http://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-game/ (for 2 week in other filials, soyoustart.ie soyoustart.nl soyoustart.lt and other)

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2015

@hyelton said:
    Any reason why not? I will be using 30TB + of BW a month, and have about 800GB`s of files.

I don't trust support on the cheaper OVH products due to reading numerous posts complaining about it. I have not used them enough personally to come to any conclusion based on my own experience though. I'd still use SYS for less critical services where I could live with some extended downtime if there were problems.

• @DH22 said:
    I don't trust support on the cheaper OVH products due to reading numerous posts complaining about it. I have not used them enough personally to come to any conclusion based on my own experience though. I'd still use SYS for less critical services where I could live with some extended downtime if there were problems.

Would you recommended Online.net/OneProvider(France) over SYS?

As thats what I used before for my Dedi for about a year. I just didnt like the network through OneProvider.

• DH22DH22 Member

I have not used online.net, nor researched them at all. I believe OneProvider's France location is reselling Online.net so probably same network? I am mostly knowledgeable about providers in north east USA (or south east Canada) and UK, also having users primarily from USA and Europe. In Europe I usually only have services London as I want the lowest latency possible to USA.

I think a good amount of people here use online.net.. maybe some of them have used SYS too and can compare.

• You could use online.net for critical business. Or ovh.com directly.