Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please suggest lowend vps at south africa hetzner location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

please suggest lowend vps at south africa hetzner location

Now I am looking for vps provider who offer lowend vps below $20/mo at SA hetzner. Since hetzner themselves do not offer this. Please suggest me the provider that using SA hetzner DC for vps

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

You can get one for free during the beta, or for 4/9 EUR afterwards.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/47856/oneprovider-onecloud-back-free-beta-testing/p1

But they might be out of stock for ZA, I remember they have had no stock for all the interesting locations last time I checked.

• ziditzidit Member

@rm_ said:
    You can get one for free during the beta, or for 4/9 EUR afterwards.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/47856/oneprovider-onecloud-back-free-beta-testing/p1

But they might be out of stock for ZA, I remember they have had no stock for all the interesting locations last time I checked.

I request an invite several times but never got response from them :(

Already have this one :), thank anyway

• Check on exoticvps.com? Not sure if there are any RSA hosts since the site doesn't load for me.

• ziditzidit Member

@hostnoob said:
    Check on exoticvps.com? Not sure if there are any RSA hosts since the site doesn't load for me.

Yes it has. I problaby find one now. Will test and see.

• SA the bandwidth is very expensive, so Lowend VPS's are kind of rare unless you can get a huge discount from existing providers there.

Thanked by 1zidit
  • I'm in South Africa and host1plus does cheap ZA VPS's. I'm not sure where they're hosted though. I think with Internet Solutions in JHB.

Thanked by 1zidit
  • Although originally started by the same founder(s), Hetzner DE and Hetzner ZA are two completely separate unrelated companies. Is there any reason why you want a VPS at Hetzner specifically?

I've had much joy with my VPSs hosted at isoho.st for R125 (+- $10/m). IIRC, isohost were previously at Hetzner ZA but have now moved to an MWEB DC. After attaching an ISO distro image to the KVM instance using their SSH management interface, you can use SPICE access to control the entire installation. In this manner, you can even setup full disk encryption.

p.s. I'm not associated with isohost. I'm just one super-satisfied customer :-)

Thanked by 1zidit
  • Forgot to mention that there's also WebAfrica who offer their VPSs for R99 (+- $8). IIRC, you don't get any VNC/SPICE access and OS reinstallations have to be done manually. However, both hosts have good uptime and performance. Between the two, isohost is definitely the better choice!

Thanked by 1zidit
  • ziditzidit Member

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Forgot to mention that there's also WebAfrica who offer their VPSs for R99 (+- $8). IIRC, you don't get any VNC/SPICE access and OS reinstallations have to be done manually. However, both hosts have good uptime and performance. Between the two, isohost is definitely the better choice!

Many thank I will check it :)

• WebAfrica is solid but not in Hetzner - They use MTN.