Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Central US VPS/Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LF Central US VPS/Dedicated Server

tsctsc Member
edited June 2015 in Requests

I'm looking for a server to host a couple of gaming servers, a Mumble server, and other applications.

Requirements:

• location - central US (preferably Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, or Dallas in that order)
  • CPU - 2+ cores (needs to be able to handle the gaming server load, dedicated cores preferred)
  • RAM - 2GB+
  • disk space - 50-100GB+ (SSD preferred)
  • bandwidth - 500GB-1TB+
  • port - 100Mb/1Gb
  • price - $20 to $40 per month

Thanks for your offers!

Comments

• InertiaNetworksInertiaNetworks Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

@tsc

We have a couple of plans in Los Angeles that may be able to cater to your needs if you get desperate.

Medium Xen

• 3GB of RAM
    • 100GB of Disk Space
    • 3 CPU Cores
    • 3TB of Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 Address
    • /64 IPv6 Subnet
    • $30/month

Large Xen

• 4GB of RAM
    • 200GB of Disk Space
    • 4 CPU Cores
    • 4TB of Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 Address
    • /64 IPv6 Subnet
    • $40/month

You can find more info about them here.

• Joined 3 hours ago and you're already posting offers?

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2015

If you aren't expecting your server to attract DDOS attacks, I'd start with nfoservers. I'm not going to fully recommend them as my experience with nfo is mixed. But if you really want Denver I'd definitely give them a shot to see if they work for you. They are one of the very few VPS providers that give dedicated cores. nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

I don't think you'll find anything great for game servers in Kansas City. Good number of options in Chicago and Dallas, both which have pretty good latency to Denver, < 40ms.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

Try dediserve, they claim their CPU cores are dedicated, only problem it's E5. Their regular pricing falls within your budget and they might be able to get you something cheaper. DDoS is not included though, if that's a problem.

@dediserve James is a nice guy, he will help you out.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Dedicated Server

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

tsc said: price - $20 to $40 per month

concerto49 said: $49/month

• @Silvenga said:
    Joined 3 hours ago and you're already posting offers?

And... what's the problem with that?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

We have in Dallas Dedicated server L5630 8gb memory 1TB Drive Full IPMI unmetered @ 100mbps or 20TB@ 1Gbps + 40Gbps DDOS Mitigation $40 per month

We can add more DDOS shield for fee.

Thanks

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited June 2015

@tsc - Denver huh? Well there's @MeanServers and @KuJoe as well as myself that may offer what you are looking for in Denver, far outside of FDC's datacenter.

My offers?

$15 2GB OVZ 4 cores - 100GB SAS Disk backed storage - 2TB BW, 100mbit port
    $25 2GB KVM 4 cores - 75GB SAS Disk backed storage - 2TB BW, 100mbit port

lg.den.tacservers.net

PM me any questions on my offers, if they are of interest.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Sent you a PM :)

• cncking2000 said: $15 2GB OVZ 4 cores - 100GB SAS Disk backed storage - 2TB BW, 100mbit port

100% usable cores?

• tsctsc Member

Thanks to everyone for the offers! I probably will be waiting until the weekend to make a decision so feel free to make offers until then.

Unfortunately, coastal servers aren't acceptable due to the latency, so I can't take any of those offers. Thank you for your interest, though.

@DH22 said:
    I'm not going to fully recommend them as my experience with nfo is mixed.

Can you share any details?

• bersybersy Member

Vultr

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2015

@tsc said:
    Can you share any details?

There have been issues related to DDOS attacks as well as with their bandwidth provider, InterNAP. Sometimes one of their locations might get hit with relatively frequent DDOS attacks that slow down all the servers in that location... being a game server provider they are going to get hit more. Generally they address it quickly though, so probably not something to worry about much unless you can't take like 5-10 minutes of lag every now and then. Probably will be rare but sometimes it seems to happen more often.

InterNAP has been a much bigger problem. InterNAP is usually quite good in terms of latency. However, they can be VERY slow to fix major issues in their network. There was literally 1 to 2 months straight where their New York location was essentially unusable.

At one point in Denver InterNAP was threatening to shut them off with hardly any notice. I think maybe they got hit with a couple DDOS attacks and InterNAP wasn't happy. But it led to nfo sending out notices strongly recommending everyone in Denver back up their data ASAP since it looked like InterNAP was cutting them off. I think it may be related to them having very little network capacity in Denver.. tiny compared to all other nfo locations if you look at their network page. Apparently they ended up working it out, but I moved to their Dallas location.

With nfo you can only see service announcements in locations where you currently have a server, so I don't know how things have been in Denver lately.

I do like the staff there, very responsive and always want to try to help you out if you are having any issues. Again if you interested in Denver, I'd definitely give them a shot. I just can't tell you for sure they will work for you. They can migrate you to a different location if you ask too. Dallas has been pretty good. I have never used them in Chicago. If I was going to use Chicago I'd probably rather be on Steadfasts excellent network. Going directly through Steadfast is expensive, but there are several reasonably priced hosts located in their Chicago datacenters.

Thanked by 1tsc
  • CasterCaster Member
    edited June 2015

well why buy a vps ?
    when you can get a box for yourself ?

check the top providers of kanas:

wholesaleinternet

joe's Datacenter

datashack

• @Traffic - 100% usable, not 100% of the time.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • SadySady Member

Get dedi from dacentec cdn.saad.ninja/aff/dacentec.html (affiliate link)

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

Sady said: Get dedi from dacentec cdn.saad.ninja/aff/dacentec.html (affiliate link)

<!-- Note: don't tell people to 'click' the link, just tell them that it is a link. -->

(from source)

• SadySady Member

@Traffic said:
    (from source)

Would probably do this, but from mobile so lazy to do the things properly.

• tsctsc Member

Unfortunately, Dacentec is east coast (North Carolina).

• AICAIC Member

we are offering vps's on ohv network from us location. check out our offers https://aivpshosting.com

• @AIC said:
    we are offering vps's on ohv network from us location. check out our offers https://aivpshosting.com

As of currently OVH doesn't have a US locaiton. They have a Canadian location though. Also use the Wordpress HTTPS plugin so that all your content on your server loads via HTTPS and you'll have a nice green padlock.

• AICAIC Member

oh just check that back, you are right, ovh location is Canadian location. So i am rephrasing the statement. > @AIC said:

we are offering vps's on ohv network from Canadian location. check out our offers https://aivpshosting.com

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2015

What about this?

Intel X3220 2.40GHz

4Gb

250Gb SATA x2

10TB bandwidth

1 IP

$38/mo

Or;

dual Intel E5405 2GHz

16Gb