Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IMPORTANT: Your Google Apps account will close July 23, 2015
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IMPORTANT: Your Google Apps account will close July 23, 2015

JanniekJanniek Member
edited June 2015 in Help

After buying a grandfathered google apps account from gaapps.com, I got this after a few months of ownership. So what should I do now? Buy a new grandfatherd google apps account?

This is the full email I got on all administrator accounts.

Hello Administrator,

Your [Domain Removed] Google Apps account was purchased from a reseller that violated our Terms of Service, with no right to sell it to you.

To avoid future issues, you need to know:

We're closing your Google Apps account on July 23, 2015.

You can still save your data. We recommend that you migrate your data no later than July 21, 2015.

You can register a new Google Apps account and your first 30 days will be free, along with support for the duration of the subscription. If you need to save any data from your existing account, you must migrate it no later than July 3, 2015, or it will be deleted.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Google Apps for Work Team

Comments

• edited June 2015
  • FritzFritz Veteran

This is not the first time and not either the last time. Many will come I guess.

• @Fritz said:
    This is not the first time and not either the last time. Many will come I guess.

So what do you suggest?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Janniek said:
    So what should I do now? Buy a new grandfatherd google apps account?

Have you considered actually paying Google for their service at all?

• Clouvider said: Have you considered actually paying Google for their service at all?

Actually rather than throwing off your money. Pay for their legit account. Or consider a cheap alternative. (Like mxroute [I can't recall the name of the guy who's running it. But it's a pretty solid company])

Thanked by 1jar
  • wychwych Member

sdglhm said: (Like mxroute [I can't recall the name of the guy who's running it. But it's a pretty solid company])

@Jar

Thanked by 1jar
  • +1 For mxroute, never used them but it seems to have a lot of good reviews. Or you can setup your own mail server, if you know how that is.

Thanked by 1jar
  • raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Janniek Please change the misleading title! This message is only for purchased accounts, not the ones people registered themselves.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

Don't buy a new one. You can find more information here, that guy had the same problem and it pretty much sums up why you shouldn't buy those grandfathered accounts anymore.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Use Yandex B|

• FritzFritz Veteran

Janniek said: So what do you suggest?

Use other hosted email solution like MXRoute, Zoho, Yandex, Office 365 hosted solution, or even host your own email.

I chose the last one.

• How does google know?

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@mycloud said:
    How does google know?

They probably know how to use Google to track down such sales pages. Second assumption could be contact data/owner change of an account when the previous owner is assigned to a lot of other domains which were transferred too.