Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS Management ovh.com takes ages for the changes to take place
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS Management ovh.com takes ages for the changes to take place

kamalkamal Member

I have registered DNS in OVH.com for a domain and it's taking more than 4 hours.. is there anything else I might be missing or generally OVH DNS management is like this for everyone

Comments

• wychwych Member

Reduce your TTL a few days before change or keep it at a low value.

• kamalkamal Member

The domain was just registered at ovh and it's a new domain

• New domains normally do take longer to propagate out the fact they exist and resolve, in the future the TTL value will be used for DNS updates.

• kamalkamal Member

I can see vast different with other domain registrars like Godaddy and Namecheap.. their DNS name server registration and name server changes are very quick in terms of new domains..

I have always found OVH difficult.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Query their nameservers directly. If you return the correct values, the problem is yours. If you return the incorrect values, the problem is theirs.

If they make the change instantly on their side, DNS propagation is not their job. This is the time it takes for your ISPs DNS servers to drop caches and request new records. Your computer and/or router may also cache DNS.

• kamalkamal Member

It was mistake from my side which is corrected and the propagation is good now. Thank you everyone for kind replies.

• You're kidding - the slowest DNS changes come from 1&1.