Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to advertise (china,india) ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to advertise (china,india) ?

Hi guys,

I got many clients from china and india. Is there anybody who from China or India and could help about this?

PM

O course i could provide service for help.

Comments

• For india, try Google ads and facebook ads. I'm afraid you would have to find another solution for China. (disclaimer, I'm not from India)

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2015

Advertise what exactly? You can ask me regarding India.

sdglhm said: For india, try Google ads and facebook ads.

You must be kidding. I've never seen a Google ad or Facebook ad (having diligently blocked them with adsense). Obviously, search ranking helps.

• No idea about China, but can help you with Indian scenario.

If you have a decent budget, try advertising with few popular tech magazines, assuming you are looking to advertise hosting services. You may also contact few popular tech/social media related sites which are read by techies daily. Google Adwords might work, but I am not sure about Facebook.

I am from South India. PM me if you need more help. Also, I'd suggest using INR for the pricing.

• Droidzone said: You must be kidding. I've never seen a Google ad or Facebook ad

I don't care. Nowadays many people are willing to watch selective ads from their ad blocker software. (Even I do) If someone is placing some non-intrusive ad on his/her blog/site I would welcome them. It's how they earn money !

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2015

sdglhm said: I don't care. Nowadays many people are willing to watch selective ads from their ad blocker software. (Even I do) If someone is placing some non-intrusive ad on his/her blog/site I would welcome them. It's how they earn money !

Don't turn this into an argument for ads. My point is that IMO the technically inclined Indian is hardly receptive to taking buying decisions from Facebook or Google ads. In addition, due to bandwidth constraints, quite a good majority does have adblockers on by default.

@OP: What @blizzard suggested might work, to an extent. A review in a popular magazine might bring you customers. Popular Indian based blogs, and deal forums might help you attract customers. In addition, I believe that the average Indian web designer seems to prefer shared hosting over VPS and dedicated servers.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@bizzard +1

I had seen ServerMania ad on google ads.

Also of some other companies in FB...

• As @bizzard suggested,advertising in well known tech magazines such as Digit or Chip or xyz will really help you a lot.This again depends on your advertising budget and targeted audience.I would also suggest google and facebook ads.

• Where i think about forums. As we have many clients there so we think they like our services very well but dont know where to start.

• ZweiTiger said: As we have many clients there so we think they like our services very well but dont know where to start.

Sure that's the case for everyone. For China you'll have to know Chinese though. There are Chinese only forums catering for this. Quite a lot.

• Though Google AD is not blocked, in China many guys use tools, such as Adblock...

There are only a few forums about servers... I only know hostloc.

• BAKABAKA Member
    edited June 2015

In China, common ad method includes:

• In forums: soft sell, paid posting/replying (either manual or automatic)

• In search engine: pay for ads/search result ranking (because first page of hot keyword on Baidu can be all paid ads, which nullifies SEO)

• On websites (direct contact with website owner): normal ads, paid article

• On websites: Baidu ads service

Some caveats:

• be cautious not to be utilized by GFW to DDOS other sites

• better use HTTPS to avoid your ads to be hijacked/substituted by MITM - ISP, router sellers (e.g. Xiaomi), Chinese security software, Chinese browsers, etc

• @concerto49 said:
    Sure that's the case for everyone. For China you'll have to know Chinese though. There are Chinese only forums catering for this. Quite a lot.

Yeah sadly :)

@BAKA said:
    In China, common ad method includes:

• In forums: soft sell, paid posting/replying (either manual or automatic)

• In search engine: pay for ads/search result ranking (because first page of hot keyword on Baidu can be all paid ads, which nullifies SEO)

• On websites (direct contact with website owner): normal ads, paid article

• On websites: Baidu ads service

Some caveats:

• be cautious not to be utilized by GFW to DDOS other sites

• better use HTTPS to avoid your ads to be hijacked/substituted by MITM - ISP, router sellers (e.g. Xiaomi), Chinese security software, Chinese browsers, etc

Is there in china any webhosingtalk type ?

• ZweiTiger said: Yeah sadly :)

Nothing sad about it. To do business in a country you have to know their language. Quite acceptable.

ZweiTiger said: Is there in china any webhosingtalk type ?

There is.