Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offshore VPS with unmetered bandwidth - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offshore VPS with unmetered bandwidth

2»

Comments

• Worth saying that 'unlimited' with a port cap, isnt really unlimited :)

As an example 10Mbps 'unlimited' is around 3TB actual transfer assuming you can effectively max the pipe for the month.

• fitvpn said: Questionable..

Why? you can order it for test

• Strange why people prefer "unlimited" at some throttled speed of 10/100Mbit but not 5 or 10TB on a 1Gbit port :). Seems "unlimited" is making them "powerful" :) ?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited June 2015

qhoster said: Strange why people prefer "unlimited" at some throttled speed of 10/100Mbit but not 5 or 10TB on a 1Gbit port :). Seems "unlimited" is making them "powerful" :) ?

The term "unlimited" in regards of bandwidth often implies "you can use the bandwidth that others pay for but don't use". However, if too many use it, this may become "slow for everyone".

E.g. I can push 20TB through my home internet line if I want to, but probably pay less than doing so would actually cost my provider.

//EDIT: It also means being safe from suspension or overage fees.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited June 2015

@qhoster said:
    Strange why people prefer "unlimited" at some throttled speed of 10/100Mbit but not 5 or 10TB on a 1Gbit port :). Seems "unlimited" is making them "powerful" :) ?

Could just be they view "unlimited" and "unmetered" as the same. and with that said, 10Mbps without monthly cap might be better for some over 1Gbps 2TB bandwidth plan. I guess it all depends on the users and their service.

But yeah 10Mbps unmetred VS 3.3TB @ 1Gbps is just silly.

• When you try to move a lot of data fast 1Gbit is not silly :) It is depressing waiting for 70 100GB or more coming with 600MB/min. Or restore a whole shared cPanel server with 1TB data on it via 100Mbit or 10Mbit ;)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

qhoster said: When you try to move a lot of data fast 1Gbit is not silly :) It is depressing waiting for 70 100GB or more coming with 600MB/min. Or restore a whole shared cPanel server with 1TB data on it via 100Mbit or 10Mbit ;)

Yes well you could still just get an unmetered gigabit box and plow through as much bandwidth as you want for pennies. (e.g. buying an online.net box through oneprovider)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I just discovered that a lot of (all?) Ukrainian hosting providers seem to have their servers located in "Kharkov", which is very close to the Russian border and, according to some random map I found with google, in a province/whatever endangered by Russian separatism. :(

Blazingfast and vdsinside seem to allow bitcoin payment. Blazingfast apparently does not "verify" its clients.

An anonymous VPS inside a war zone is as "offshore" as I can imagine. o.o

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2015

4n0nx said: I just discovered that a lot of (all?) Ukrainian hosting providers seem to have their servers located in "Kharkov"

This city only well known city they just wrote Kharkov but really DC located in other places most time, west UA for example. Its false. What wrong with separatism and hosting?

• Nice (unusual) to see a mention of so many Russian Vicinity locations on LEB, I've always been keen to learn about them.
    How good is connectivity from Moscow/Ukraine and adjoining DCs towards Asia? particularly towards Indian Subcontinent incl. Burma/Thailand/Sri Lanka.

I'm doing a project for a company in Almaty, Kazakhstan which is Russian borderline. The company will have a lot of connecting users from India and vicinity.

Regards.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

mehargags said: mehargags

@deployvm has a Novosibirsk location in Russia