Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interest in VPN module for Blesta (+maybe WHMCS)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interest in VPN module for Blesta (+maybe WHMCS)?

ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
edited June 2015 in General

What kind of interest/demand is there for a VPN management module that integrates with Blesta?

• Account Management

-- provisioning, suspending, unsuspending, terminating, upgrades.

• User Stats

-- Sort users by usage, time online, etc

• Session Control

• Rate and Usage Limiting

• DB Syncing (Backup/Failover)

• FreeRADIUS Integration + Password Encryption

• Dedicated IP Assignments

• Service Monitoring - VPN protocols, FreeRADIUS services auto restart

Thoughts?

Worth of this module and all of its features w/ WHMCS+Blesta integration?
  1. How much would you pay for this module for WHMCS/Blesta?19 votes
    1. $25/month
      36.84%
    2. $50/month
        0.00%
    3. $100/month
      15.79%
    4. Other - please post opinion!
      47.37%

Comments

• I am developing and I am lazy so NO ETA.

• SliderSlider Member

I'd be interested in it for WHMCS.

• Poll added - please participate :)
    What is it worth it to you to have this easy and convenient module for turnkey VPN service launch & management?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I checked Other because I would like to see a scaling price plan e.g. $20 per 100 active slots or something like that with an upper 'unlimited users' tier e.g. $150 p/m without limits would be fine, I would not want to pay $100 p/m while building the service up though as it would never be a primary revenue stream.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mycloud said: I am developing and I am lazy so NO ETA.

Well now I just realized the context of this comment I think that my answer stands but with an interested dev :) , nothing worse than hanging a revenue stream on someone that cant be bothered to do the dev work.

• ItsChrisG said: Poll added - please participate :) What is it worth it to you to have this easy and convenient module for turnkey VPN service launch & management?

That will largely depend on the delivered product. In my opinion such polls are a waste of time until the product, which most likely never even see the light of day, is finished.

Obviously there is currently a large demand for VPN services and therefore also demand for an easy management system people could integrate into their current infrastructure. If you are serious about it you should, at least at first, support the most popular billing system which, as far as i know, is WHMCS.

• FYI - I already have the module completed essentially, I am debating whether or not this is something that I want to start offering publicly as a paid product though.

• Radius modules for WHMCS are quite common, I think we even open-sourced our Radius module about 24 months ago. I remember reading something on WHMCS forum about it.

There are a few Indian VPN solutions for WHMCS they interface with Radius and they handle client configuration.

Ultimately if someone is going to run a VPN company at any serious level they will just take an existing module and just hack it together for their needs