Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipv6-only server question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ipv6-only server question

Finally I setup a dedicated server to use ipv6 and ipv4. I successfully set up a few containers to use only ipv6. After setting up Cloudflare AAAA records, I could even get a site running on the container. However I'm having some problems running it only on ipv6.

I have a simple problem-scrape from an ipv4 based site, using the perl Web::Scraper module. Unfortunately, my container cant access the v4 based site. What's an easy solution to this?

Comments

• tehdantehdan Member

Most obvious solution would be to give the container what it needs - access to the ipv4 Internet.

• tehdan said: Most obvious solution would be to give the container what it needs - access to the ipv4 Internet.

Well, let's just say that for academic discussion, that is out of the question. I've hit upon a solution of proxying via sixxs.net. Are there other techniques available?

• wychwych Member

Proxy via a IpPv6 host that has IPv4?

• tehdantehdan Member

I'd just give the container IPV4 via a NAT. I assume you're doing something nefarious and don't want and IP associated with you hitting the server you're scraping?

• tehdan said: I assume you're doing something nefarious and don't want and IP associated with you hitting the server you're scraping?

You assume too much :P