Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any here with experience with Seagate Archive 8TB 5900RPM SATA disks? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any here with experience with Seagate Archive 8TB 5900RPM SATA disks?

2»

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Take a look on this service (I'm using both personal and business plans) https://www.idrive.com/pricing, they have nice option called Express (https://www.idrive.com/idrive-express) which allows you to ship physical disk to them so no need of uploading large amounts of data

• myhkenmyhken Member

@gbshouse for me this is not archive storage, it's my movie collection that get larger and larger. That I have to have in house, since it's where my HTPC read files from. (via network).

So I have online backup service for other files, like documents, pictures etc.

And I have a psychical backup of all my movies on HDDs outside my house, just in case of a fire. I Live in Norway, and I used idrive for years, but local online services here in Norway is much faster both on upload and download.

• @gbshouse

i drive is slow, expensive and not secure

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 - works for us. @myhken - not sure about local backup providers in Norway. Lived for few months in Oslo but never looked for such provider. Any good Norwegian comedies to recommend?

• myhkenmyhken Member

gbshouse said: Any good Norwegian comedies to recommend?

In my collection of around 1.500 DVDs and almost 300 BluRays I think I have under 10 Norwegian movies total. Not many good movies made here.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2015

MSPNick said: You recommend any good zombie films? I can't seem to find anything half decent.

World War Z (Extended cut only)

Zombieland

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Shaun of the Dead

We have around 20TB movies/series/docus - Stored on a ZFS Z2 array built out of 2TB drives. The 8TB HDDs are cheap per TB, would be my choice as well for a new built. Get 3 and build a ZFS Z1 with 16TB useable space.

• Would using an ssd cache make these functional other than just archiving?