Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Create a company & become CEO in just a few minutes - GVH Jonny - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Create a company & become CEO in just a few minutes - GVH Jonny

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom - He seems to be peddling a lot more than that. But I thought there was some 'notice' where he couldn't look after his customers because he had been arrested for attack a school computer; so that being the case how can he launch hosting provider in a box, unless its sarcastic with box meaning jail cell.

He would appear on bail. He is online and active on skype. Will ask him how it has gone.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    $3/yr for Alpha WildCard SSL. Either he isnt earning off that or its hacked.

Say hello to SingleHop

• LeeLee Veteran

It's desperation, as I have always said about Jonny, he can't cope with not being a "someone" in web hosting. He will do anything whether it makes money or not just to be a talking point.

Thanked by 2Infinity jvnadr
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

BharatB said: Say hello to SingleHop

There are more providers doing that, and for less money. But yes, basically they're free.

@Traffic said:

Well im 100% confident that the kid is with them. Before he sold xGVH to Xfuse he was talking to me about that.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

lol

Thanked by 2TheCTS Dylan
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Growing a business and brand name requires creativity and skill. Theres a reason why the top VPS providers are top

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Shall we start taking bets on how long this lasts?

• @hawc said:
    Shall we start taking bets on how long this lasts?

I'll go for an optimistic week.

• edited June 2015

I've got no idea, but do you think it's possible someone else with access to his account somehow has posted this as a joke?

It honestly seems almost like it's written as a parody - plus, the "find out more" link doesn't actually take you anywhere that you can find out more, which might indicate that if even they have access to his WHT account, they still don't have access to his website.

• @W3HostingServices said:
    I'll go for an optimistic week.

I'll go for two until he puts a "1 year money back guarantee" on it. "If you don't make our estimates or more you get your money back!"

Thanked by 1W3HostingServices
  • @YellowHummingbird said:
    I've got no idea, but do you think it's possible someone else with access to his account somehow has posted this as a joke?

It honestly seems almost like it's written as a parody - plus, the "find out more" link doesn't actually take you anywhere that you can find out more, which might indicate that if even they have access to his WHT account, they still don't have access to his website.

I thought you had to pay to post in that section. Possible but surly someone wouldn't waste money posting it.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @W3HostingServices said:
    I thought you had to pay to post in that section. Possible but surly someone wouldn't waste money posting it.

Ah, thanks, if that's true then I don't know :) I don't actually have a WHT account - sorry for my lack of knowledge!

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

This is GVH we are talking about, with Jon being the one who

I know I got that from somewhere else

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2015

GVH = $59/month cable replacement

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    $3/yr for Alpha WildCard SSL. Either he isnt earning off that or its hacked.

How do you know? He could be abusing the SingleHop free GlobalSign (Both GS and AlphaSSL) SSL certificate service :p

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

See they're using HostMyBytes Now: https://mobile.twitter.com/greenvaluehost/status/608783695575719937

I think Jonny has lost all his Servers Access :-P Before refunding Me, he said he had no money in his PayPal Account & he's willing to get a Negative Balance & told Me to open a Dispute !

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

W3HostingServices said: surly someone wouldn't waste money posting it.

At this point, nothing would surprise me anymore :)

Thanked by 1W3HostingServices
  • He did a review of them a few days ago. For some reason, WHT mods have deleted the original thread. Luckily, it can still be found via google cache > http://bit.ly/1G2mDp1

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

I wonder how many from LET will sign up for the service, I know there will be some. Who won't admit it of course. Probably salivating at the prospect...

• @Lee said:
    I wonder how many from LET will sign up for the service, I know there will be some. Who won't admit it of course. Probably salivating at the prospect...

Salivating, lol, love that!

Thanked by 1Lee
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Order link?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Nekki said:
    Order link?

Yeah yeah, you're a GVH VIP, stop fucking around we know you already have one.

• The worst thing is, there will probably be the same fingerprints on all the "hosts" created by them, so it'll not be long until all of them are seen as "yet another GVH host".

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Traffic said:
    The worst thing is, there will probably be the same fingerprints on all the "hosts" created by them, so it'll not be long until all of them are seen as "yet another GVH host".

See this was my first thought, Jonny is actually going to setup a number of hosts himself and will pick the best of a bad bunch as his new company. Or he is going to try and be the saviour to others as others were to him.

as one premade host fails he will come to the rescue, sigh...

• It's all quite remarkable. Jon has not only created an infamous brand in GVH, but now he's laying the groundwork to seed destructive GVHs everywhere.

Can also be thought like this its a clever trick if he's thought of it.

1) Offer setup

2) Let them signup their clients do marketing and all the hardwork

3) Assuming they're total newbies or just summer bunch they might wanna exit in a month or 2

4) Paying them around 50~100 for exit with a good number of clients ( emails ) in his disposal

5) Send acquired message and start attracting the bees to the comb

6) Then smoke em after they make the honey ( money )

Thanked by 1Riz
  • @joepie91 said:

@W3HostingServices said:
    surly someone wouldn't waste money posting it.

>

At this point, nothing would surprise me anymore :)

To be honest, the amount of comedy this is providing is probably worth the cost. :)

• @JustAMacUser said:
    To be honest, the amount of comedy this is providing is probably worth the cost. :)

This is true. Anyone fancy taking one for the team and popping us a quick $100 for a popcorn machine?