Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net resellers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net resellers

Are there any resellers for online.net? I would love getting the €16 package but would rather pay with paypal instead of using my credit card.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2015

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france is a reseller and they accept Paypal.
    The 20 EUR server gives you a good value for the extra 4 EUR, you get a second HDD and a better CPU.
    Downside seems to be that now they provide only 100 Mbit on this offer, not 1Gbit, but rumour has it this is not always ensured and you might still get 1Gbit.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • rm_ said: Downside seems to be that now they provide only 100 Mbit on this offer, not 1Gbit

Ordering on the parent online.net does not give you 1 Gbps either, does it?

Droidzone said: Ordering on the parent online.net does not give you 1 Gbps either, does it?

Online.net does not offer that particular model anymore. Their other servers are all 1 Gbit with a "fair use" policy of sorts, where you are expected not to exceed the bandwidth that's specified as "guaranteed" for prolonged periods. Guaranteed bandwidth on the 16 EUR one is 200 Mbit.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • @rm_ said:
    http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france is a reseller and they accept Paypal.
    The 20 EUR server gives you a good value for the extra 4 EUR, you get a second HDD and a better CPU.
    Downside seems to be that now they provide only 100 Mbit on this offer, not 1Gbit, but rumour has it this is not always ensured and you might still get 1Gbit.

wouldn't the €15 or €20 kimsufi servers be better than that?

• @loael123 said:
    wouldn't the €15 or €20 kimsufi servers be better than that?

Debatable. This features hardware raid as well so a bit more redundancy. Plus you get faster hardware replacements at Online...

• ben78ben78 Member

Seem like there is no setup fee with oneprovider, right?

One could cancel after a couple of month without problem? If so could be a good way to try online's network.

• @ben78 said:
    Seem like there is no setup fee with oneprovider, right?

One could cancel after a couple of month without problem? If so could be a good way to try online's network.

No. You have to cancel before 20th or you got the invoice.

ben78 said: Seem like there is no setup fee with oneprovider, right?

Yes.

ZweiTiger said: No. You have to cancel before 20th or you got the invoice.

I'm not so sure that's still the case with OneProvider. Looking at my old invoices from them, they are issued on days from all across the month, as OP doesn't do fractional month billing like online.net. But it's likely you do have to cancel some days in advance from the server expiration date (2 weeks?).

• Just to add-on, OneProvider is the only official reseller of Online.net.

• ben78ben78 Member

ZweiTiger said: No. You have to cancel before 20th or you got the invoice.

Ok, so let say I order the 1rst. If I cancel the 15th - I only pay half month? Or if I cancel the 19th of the next month a little bit less than 2 month? (first month prorata temporis, second month full?)

Thanks!

• icryicry Member

@rm_ said:

It''s True...I bought a 100mbit Unmetered and Got 1Gbit Unmetered...I can vouch for it :)

• @ben78 said:

Well actually If you order 1th the server you could cancel before 20th. If you order it 22th then you will got the invoice for the next month then you could cancel. (before 20th). If you not pay they will try to get the money via credit card and later they call a manager who will start to collect the money.

Thanked by 1ben78
    edited June 2015

icry said: Got 1Gbit Unmetered...I can vouch for it :)

Judging from what their normal offer servers at the similar price point have for bandwidth, if your application involves full b/w use 24x7, you should not use more than ~200 Mbit 24x7. Other than that, sure, being able to burst up to full gigabit for short periods is very nice.