Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10TB 3.5-inch Active Archive Enterprise Hard Drive HGST
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10TB 3.5-inch Active Archive Enterprise Hard Drive HGST

emreemre Member, LIR
edited June 2015 in General

Ultrastar Archive Ha10

10TB
3.5-inch Active Archive Enterprise Hard Drive

World’s first 10TB hard drive – Massive capacity with predictable performance for access to data around the clock

Purpose-built for Active Archive – HelioSeal and SMR technologies engineered to deliver enterprise-grade quality and reliability

Enterprise-grade specifications – 2M hours MTBF and 5-year warranty with 24x7 availability

http://www.hgst.com/hard-drives/enterprise-hard-drives/enterprise-sata-drives/ultrastar-archive-ha10

4x10TB MDADM RAID 10 FOR MY AVATON :) Hmmm Nice...

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I was talking to an EMC tech the other night about the new 10TB Seagates they are testing, glad to see other manufacturers are putting out 10TB drives also.

• 8TB drives are already quite cheap i bought 2 other day from amazon. a nice 16TB of raid 0

• rds100rds100 Member

TarZZ92 said: 8TB drives are already quite cheap

How much? I haven't seen them offered yet from the local suppliers, at least not from the ones i have looked at.

• MrXMrX Member

TarZZ92 said: 8TB drives are already quite cheap i bought 2 other day from amazon. a nice 16TB of raid 0

So much glorious data loss potential!

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • MrX said: So much glorious data loss potential!

Imagine someone shake the server while it's operating. Data all lost.

• I'm hoping this is the year that SSD's get cheap enough that mainstream vendors start offering them as standard in laptops/desktops.

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with SSD's for anything below 1TB (Maybe even 2TB) and then these larger capacity HDD's for NAS/HTPCs/Storage applications.

Maybe not this year but within the next few years that looks to be the way it's going, 0.5TB SSD's are already affordable for most people who want to upgrade and 1TB ones aren't that far behind