Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSdime VD6GB v/s crissic SVZ2048
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSdime VD6GB v/s crissic SVZ2048

I'm looking for a budget VPS here are the two VPS I've chosen for $7/month what should I go for?

Specs:
VPSdime VD6GB:
CPU: 4
RAM: 6gb
Disk: 30gb SSD
Bandwidth: 2tb

Crissic SVZ2048:
RAM: 2gb with 2gb vSwap
Disk: 80gb SSD
Bandwidth: 4tb

Basically I'll use it for hosting my websites the page load should be good enough. Any personal experience, what's better? Or any other provider? Currently using:
Iniz(Openvz.io) IO3 $5 a month:
CPU: 3
RAM: 3gb
Disk: 50gb HDD with SSD cached
Bandwidth: 1tb

Thanks

Poll
  1. What should I go for?51 votes
    1. Vpsdime
      56.86%
    2. Crissic
      35.29%
    3. Iniz (openvz.io)
        7.84%

Comments

• I only have good things to say about both. I'd pick based on location and the actual needed amount of ram/other features. You're in good hands either way.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited June 2015

All three are fantastic! I've got a VPS with each of them.

Like Mike said pick based on location etc.

• edited June 2015

Seattle IO with vpsdime doesn't go above 55 mb or so. Sent several tickets they said the time I was tearing io they "believed" there were some ongoing backups.
    It's odd they have such crappy IO provided they have boxes with incero (if they rent incero says they use good ssds) and in their case they claim to be running 8 x ssds in raid 10. They must be overselling as hell.
    Their premium kvm is not available in any location and there is no eta. Ask them if you do not believe me.
    If I were you I'd go with Linode, ramnode or secure dragon ( no experience with the latter with kvm just 32 mb ovz s which were superb).

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Seattle IO with vpsdime doesn't go above 55 mb or so. Sent several tickets they said the time I was tearing io they "believed" there were some ongoing backups.
    It's odd they have such crappy IO provided they have boxes with incero (if they rent incero says they use good ssds) and in their case they claim to be running 8 x ssds in raid 10. They must be overselling as hell.
    Their premium kvm is not available in any location and there is no eta. Ask them if you do not believe me.
    If I were you I'd go with Linode, ramnode or secure dragon ( no experience with the latter with kvm just 32 mb ovz s which were superb).

tbh, I'm very limited with my budget and ramnode 1gb RAM might not be enough for me I guess.

• Budget, location of audience, specs, usage , cms if any ( extensions if any), concurrent visitors, bw per month and virtualization?
    Who would admin the box? Hdd/ssd which of those and space?
    Can you pay annual?
    Off to bed

• Budget less than $10, no not annual, audience mainly US and India(no preference), about 1k visits a day but 100 of requests from 1 user, bw 1TB+ would be fine, openVZ, I'd admin the box, ssd preferred 30gb+

Thanks

• bitseekerbitseeker Member
    edited June 2015

I have VPSes with both Crissic and VPSDime and can recommend both.

Longest uptimes so far: Crissic (141 days), VPSDime (162 days). Average page download time, according to Google Webmaster Tools: 50-80 milliseconds. Max: ~500 ms.

The specs you've quoted are so different, just choose the one that best fits your needs.

• Is @Crissic still in business?

• @toirdaprr They are, you're looking for @SkylarM not @Crissic

• VPSDime, since Crissic's ToS seems rather strict compared to a lot of other providers.

• cassacassa Member

Waveride / OverZold :D

• @hostnoob said:
    Crissic's ToS seems rather strict compared to a lot of other providers.

That's the best part. When neighboring VPSes abuse the node, that makes for unhappy times.

• Stay away from this guys. I have bad experience with this hosting VPSdime - Virtora :-(

• @Alexo said:
    Stay away from this guys. I have bad experience with this hosting VPSdime - Virtora :-(

Proof or GTFO.

• Iniz is in trouble, crissic also check other threads recently created about them.

• programer said: Iniz is in trouble, crissic also check other threads recently created about them.

It's a necro!

• I used vpsdime before, rock solid, not a single downtime incident reported from pingdom and monitor.us.

• smalletsmallet Member
    edited September 2015