Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to host emails ? setup a VPS or go fully hosted ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to host emails ? setup a VPS or go fully hosted ?

2»

Comments

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited June 2015

@ZweiTiger said:
    I am with yandex more then 1 year. 100% uptime so far , no spam, and so great... But sure you could pay but why if there is a free alternative.... And you know or not know the biggest companies sure could give you better deals and quality (except OVH haha :D )

I have been using Hosted Exchange from OVH & it really is worth it. It has exactly same features as with Rackspace & Microsoft themselves. And it is not just me because I know several other people who are also happy with it so I don't know from where you got this idea that they are not good.

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited June 2015

I used to run a Zimbra box but then I had a long outage when one of the drives died in the server, didn't lose any data but the time it took to get zimbra back online on another box and restore the data made me realise that it's not worth the hassle.

Also in my case the restore was delayed significantly by me having a dayjob and therefore not being able to work on it until I had some free time.

Currently using office365 instead as I only had a few accounts on the zimbra box anyway, I needed the activesync support (Used to use Z-Push with zimbra opensource, worked quite well)

One of the things I would look at if you plan to use your own mail-server is Postlayer, their spam filtering service is actually quite decent and very reasonably priced, I'm actually still using it instead of the office365 spam filtering (Mostly because I'd already paid for a year upfront, but I might renew it anyway as it's cheap and seems to do a very good job of catching the junk)

• You can try our Mailcow (formerly known as fufix) if you want a self hosted solution. :)

Thanked by 1Shot2