Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Promox Bridged
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Promox Bridged

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hey,

We bought a SoYouStart box with 3 single IPv4 addresses and assigned every IPv4 a MAC adress to connect over Proxmox with vmbr0 the the interwebs.

It works for a period of time, after a while all VM's loosing internet access and we can't ping them anymore. Any idea? Using atm Proxmox 3.1 on Wheezy.

The OVH Wiki says it should work, anyone of you have tried this before?

Thanks.

Comments

• classyclassy Member

Doesn't OVH demand routed networking vs bridged or their security will block them based on their MAC addresses or something in that sense.

Thanked by 1Neoon
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

Are you creating KVM machines of OpenVZ VMs?

• are the VM's sending traffic constantly/regularly

I've seen it where if OVH's network doesn't see traffic from that source MAC for a while it seems to stop routing to that IP.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

We are using KVM, seems like its needed to switch to routed.

• Infinity580 said: It works for a period of time, after a while all VM's loosing internet access and we can't ping them anymore. Any idea? Using atm Proxmox 3.1 on Wheezy.

i had exactly the same problem. they never fixed the issue though.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited June 2015

I don't use proxmox, but I do have an SYS server with bridged KVM VMs.

I assume you're using virtual MACs registered with SYS via the control panel? Have you disabled DHCP on your VMs and set up the static IP / netmask / default gw as per help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient