Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP new Looks!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP new Looks!

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

When did this happen?

Comments

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited June 2015

2 days ago. Don't like the new design.

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD desperand
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

good thing you censored @dmin@quadcone.com

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

PremiumN said: Don't like the new design.

Looks spacious but item listings are too spacious.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@4n0nx how did you find it? Experience i guess? ;)

• Hasn't it always looked like that?

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Hm, from seeing the screenshot, I'd say it gives you a better overview of what's going on, at the expense of reducing the design to one which isn't exactly a pleasure for the eyes..

Thanked by 1Linkking
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Quadcone said: how did you find it? Experience i guess? ;)

no.. you can see the top of the d and the i...

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I just tried this newest version with the so-called ‘facelift’ and it didn't really feel good at all. Very bland but certainly usable.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

rather than looks, vestacp should work on features and on their roadmap...

• I wish they would make the code maintainable and solid, but that appears not to be a priority.

• @PremiumN said:
    2 days ago. Don't like the new design.

i'm too - never change old look - that's so strong with new girls and also new software design - like cpanel for some times.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Sometimes I feel like the only vocal person that loves design refreshes. It's not a life changing deal, but the top bar looks better to me, the rest is pretty much the same just more spaced out with the font change. I doubt I'll update though, simply because when you have this many users you really don't want anything more spaced out:

http://d.jarland.me/112Nb

• They have had things on that roadmap for almost a year now, they always have activity on github but I never see any progress toward those features

• So that's what they have been working on the past 2 years, a new design.

edited June 2015

@DennisD said:
    So that's what they have been working on the past 2 years, a new design.

No, there have been many updates not noted on the website, only available by repo. If you actually use Vesta and run updates you see them from time to time. If you're just an onlooker, it looks like they don't update.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • trexostrexos Member

I don't use it, but from old screenshots the new design looks way cleaner for me.

• @mpkossen said:
    I wish they would make the code maintainable and solid, but that appears not to be a priority.

The versions of the Software they use is outdated also. that is a big no for me personally.

edited June 2015

jmckeag12 said: The versions of the Software they use is outdated also. that is a big no for me personally.

Those are usually from repos and have security patches backported. LTS OS versions often do not bundle the latest version number of packages that can be returned from the -v flag in their repos. If that is the priority, you should be hand compiling your software.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • classyclassy Member

Crappy attempt at material design

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • @trexos said:
    I don't use it, but from old screenshots the new design looks way cleaner for me.

You should install the new version and see. Design is not built with the "user experience" part in mind.