Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with HostMyBytes. Bad - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with HostMyBytes. Bad

2»

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Traffic said:
    @Mark_R & @HostMyBytes I sincerely hope you guys are referring to his broken "English" and not to Spanish.

I am myself an Spaniard (yeah, no burritos here) and would take offense of the latter.

if you find what im writing offensive in any way then that is your problem and not mine, feel free to comment on it but do not expect me to take it seriously.. you think something is offensive and another person might thinks the total opposite of that - we all have our own levels of tolerance and i do not plan on satisfying everyone.

• Traffic said: I sincerely hope you guys are referring to his broken "English" and not to Spanish.

I am myself an Spaniard (yeah, no burritos here) and would take offense of the latter.

I only speak English and Danish fluently, but also found the comment offensive. Not because it wasn't funny, but because it was a put-down and personal. I expect people to just try their best with English. It is, after all, the language of this board. That said, I do get the impression that the OP is doing the best he can with this language and find it totally acceptable. As for his comment in Spanish, well its not that hard to understand. Most English speakers should be able to figure it out - or just do a quick cut/paste into Google translate - that's a basic computer skill in this day and age of the international internet.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
    edited June 2015

IThinkUFailed said: Off topic but your KVM link in sig is broke. Also your site is hard to navigate as the detection box for mouse is cut off mostly and I have to try about 10 times to be able to click anything. (Sent you a video link in PM)

Thank you for this. The site developer is taking a look, and I'll follow up with you via PM once fixed to see if there are any further issues. Sig also fixed.

Traffic said: I am myself an Spaniard (yeah, no burritos here) and would take offense of the latter.

I am sorry if you took offense to this. I myself speak Spanish conversationally, and I saw the comment thinking it was a funny way to make light of a situation.

-

As for the client, he has already been issued a refund, so there seems to be little point in further discussion here about identity politics & the misrepresentation of Spanish speaking people.

Thanked by 1Traffic